Where is the Echo Dot reset button? The answer depends on which Echo Dot you’re inquiring about.
Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset Button Location
On the first generation Echo Dot, the reset button is located on the under side (the bottom) of the unit. The Amazon page Reset Your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (1st Generation) says that the reset button on this version of the Echo Dot is at its base. See our post How to Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation to Factory Default for more details.
Gen 2 Echo Dot Reset Button Location
On the second generation Echo Dot, there is no separate reset button. Instead, the Mic Off and Volume Down (-) buttons on the top of the unit are pressed and held down at the same time to initiate a factory default reset. See these in the following picture. See our How to Reset Echo Dot 2nd Gen to Factory Default for more details.
- How to Reboot Amazon Echo Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation to Factory Default
- How to Reset Echo Dot 2nd Gen to Factory Default
- Yes, You Can Change Alexa’s Name, Here’s How
- 2017-01-16: Originally published.