An adequate AC power adapter for Google Home Mini is a USB power supply that outputs a nominal 1.8 amps at 5 volts (8 watts or more). Should the adapter that comes with the Mini break down, then you’ll certainly need another. So this post makes several Google Home Mini replacement power adapter suggestions. These AC wall adapters we’ve tested with our Mini and found them to work very well, and on the cheap side to buy as well.
Use any micro USB male to USB-A male, medium to high current charging cord. Find these online for very low cost.
AC Power Adapter for Google Home Mini
1. RavPower 24 Watt Dual USB Wall Charger
They sell this 2.1 amp household charger at Amazon.com and other places. See its product page here. At under twelve dollars US, this dual USB port AC wall adapter is light and little enough for portability. But it’s not so small that you’ll lose it too easily. It runs the Mini indefinitely without heating much at all.
2. Gearmo USB Power Station
This hefty household USB station offers all the current you need to power the Google Mini. Overkill perhaps. Indeed it delivers full USB 2.0 power on every one of its ten output ports. So technically, you could operate ten Minis with this power hub. In fact, this station gives enough energy to run all Google or Alexa smart speakers to date that accept micro USB power input. Find this useful USB accessory here at Amazon.com. We also reviewed this USB power hub station here.
3. CE Tech 4 Port USB AC Power Adapter for the Google Home Mini
This quad-port CE Tech charging station is another silent but beefy unit. It’s well assembled for powering Bluetooth and smart speakers like the Mini. eBay users sell this USB power hub there for under thirty dollars US here. We also reviewed this power station here.
4. GE Jasco Y14 11307 USB Power Adapter, Double Port
Find this AC USB power supply, or one nearly like it at Amazon.com here. At less than twenty dollars, this dual port adapter has retractable AC prongs. It’s so small that it fits into any mobile device accessory kit. Useful too when you take your Mini with you on vacation. Why? Because it sports a blue night light. This built-in lamp makes finding your way around strange hotel rooms a snap. Bright enough to light up the night. But not so bright that it keeps you from sleeping. See our GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Charger, Y14 Review post for more details on this highly practical Google Home Mini adapter replacement.
5. JBL Charger can Also Power the Google Home Mini
Finally, if you happened to buy a new JBL Bluetooth speaker, you may have received this JBL AC adapter in the box. We find that while this power supply runs the Mini quite well nonetheless. It more than meets the Google Home Mini current drawing needs. See our JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB AC Charger Adapter Specs for further details.
So, we hope this short list of compatible AC USB adapters helps you pick a suitable Google Mini power adapter replacement for this speaker based assistant. Happy googling!
Google Home Mini Power Adapter Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Won’t my Google Mini Turn On?
Broken adapter or USB power cable often triggers problems like this. So try another USB adapter and micro USB to A cables.
Also, a broken USB power port on the Mini could result in poor sounding play or no running at all. For this, take the speaker to a qualified technician, and have him install a new USB port. Of course, replacing the port on speakers that cost so little to buy is likely none too practical.
Finally, a malfunction in the Mini Google electronics might cause the no-power situation. To fix that, replace the speaker.
- Review: Gearmo® 10-Port Desktop USB Smart Charging Station Dock Hub for iPhone, iPad, and Android Phones and Tablets
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- JBL Flip 2 Review, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Specs, Features
- GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Wall Charger, Y14 Review
- JBL Flip 2 Buttons Guide for JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker, Each Control Explored
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger, PC01, 166878 Review
Other Posts About the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- How to Set Up Spotify on Google Home Mini
- Google Home Mini Power Adapter Specs
- How to Connect Google Home Mini to Bluetooth Speaker
- Google Home Mini Charger Specs for Google Mini Speaker
- How to Set Sleep Timer on Google Home Mini Speaker
- Unlink Google Home from Pandora, How To
- Change WiFi on Google Home Mini, How To Steps
- How to Reset Google Mini Speaker
- Google Home Mini Spotify Commands List
- How to Turn Up Volume on Google Home Mini Speaker
- Clearing Google Assistant Voice Recordings History Instructions
- How to Control Google Home Mini Volume
- How to Turn Down Google Home Mini Volume
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Pause Google Home Mini
- How to Resume Google Home Mini
- Lower Volume on Google Home Mini, How To
- Restart Google Home Mini Instructions
- Link Spotify to Google Home Mini Instructions
- Google Home Mini Pictures Gallery
- Setting Up Google Home Mini Instructions
- Google Home Mini Unboxing, Step by Step
- How to Adjust Volume on Google Home Mini
- Does Google Home Mini Have Bluetooth Yet?
- Google Home Mini Volume Control, How to Set
- How to Use Google Home Mini as Bluetooth Speaker
- Reboot Google Home Mini, How to Instructions
- How to Adjust Bass and Treble on Google Home Mini
- Unlink Spotify from Google Home Mini, How To
References for AC Power Adapter for Google Home Mini Speaker
- RAVPower Double USB Port Wall Adapter 24W 4.8A Foldable Plug & iSmart Technology, at Amazon.com
- USB Charger 10-Port 120W, Multi-Port USB Charging Hub 24A Desktop Power Station, at Amazon.com
- GE 11307 USB LED Night Light Charging Station with 2 USB Outlets
- JBL Clip 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker Product Page on JBL.com
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger Mobile Cell PHONES 5ft Cable, at Ebay.com
- 2020-05-10: Added the Other Posts About… section.
- 2020-04-03: Added tags.
- 2019-03-03: First posted.