The US version of the power adapter for the Amazon Alexa Generation 2 Echo smart speaker discussed here, features non retracting AC prongs, a six-foot long permanently attached cord, and is surprisingly light weight for its 21 watt power delivery capacity. It’s typical square yet unimposing width and height allows easy fitting into a standard power strip or wall outlet without blocking adjacent receptacles, as shown next.
Nonetheless, it silently delivers that 21 watts of energy to this updated and smaller, yet better sounding version of the Echo smart speaker, and offers decent regulation, allowing the speaker to deliver the deeper bass, crisp treble, and impressive audio dynamic range that it’s known for. This is by no stretch a low-budget AC power adapter. It appears well constructed though it is permanently sealed, operates with very little heating even at higher output volume levels, and emits little if any detectable RFI and EMI interference. While not designed for repair, the low cost of switching supply wall adapters such as this, really makes repairing these sorts of ITE devices a thing of the past.
Power Adapter Specifications
Model: PS73BR. LO P/N: PA-1210-1AB1. Input: 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz., 0.5 Amps Max. Output: 15 volts at 1.4 Amps. UL Listed: 9T54. CAN: ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) Ac Adapter. Made in China(P). I.T.E. Power Supply. For indoor use. Polarity: Positive center on the DC output “barrel” connector.
The DC output connector, the metal barrel part, is approximately 10 mm long, with an outer diameter of approximately 4 mm.
The diameter of the positive lead hole at the top of the barrel connector is roughly 3 mm.
This power adapter, including its cable and connector, weighs approximately 4 ounces.
- Amazon Echo Gen 2 Smart Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Reset the Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 Smart Speaker to Factory Default State
- How to Set the Sleep Timer on Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 Smart Speaker
- Unboxing and Connecting The Amazon Echo Generation 2 Smart Speaker
- How to Connect Alexa to WiFi Internet
- Where is the Reset Button on Amazon Generation 2 Echo Smart Speaker Located
- AC Charger for Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Power Supply Adapter Cord Cable
- 2017-12-12: Originally published.