Affresh Washer Cleaner Directions for How to Use
We offer these Affresh washer cleaner directions, based on the instructions printed on the box. Plus, we add in the little tricks and tips we found while cleaning our own washer. These further improve how well this Affreash cleaner product cleans.
Cautions and Warnings
Not a Laundry Soap
Do not put clothes in the washer while cleaning with this product. The perfume scent in Affresh might stay on the clothes, and could get too strong. Plus, the agents in Affresh may harm clothing. So be safe, and keep your clothes away while cleaning your washer.
Only Deodorizes the Water Handling Parts
Affresh® works well on washer parts that come into direct contact with the water circulating system within. These include the tub, water jets, pumps, the drain, and door seals.
But if foul smells persist using Affresh for a few months, your washer may be broken. Indeed there may be leaking pipes in it where water collects beneath the washer, but never dries. Standing water makes for a nasty breeding ground for odor-causing bacteria. So a long term smelly washing machine may need repairs. But these long lasting odors due to mechanical break downs are beyond the scope of this product to fix.
Affresh Washer Cleaner Directions
- Apply once per month.
- Then, leave the door ajar between laundry loads.
- For stubborn odors or dirt and growths, use Affresh® washer cleaner three times. Use one tablet in each of three consecutive cleaning cycles. This helps remove mold and mildew buildup. Then, after these three rapid fire cleanings, use Affresh cleaner once per month (maintenance mode).
- First of all, to clean, drop ONE Affresh® tablet directly into washer tub. Do not put in the soap dispenser.
- Then close / latch the door and run on REGULAR wash cycle, using HOT water. Or if your washing machine features a CLEAN cycle, use that instead.
- Thus, to avoid frequent odor return, let door stand open between washer uses. This allow complete and fastest drying of the tub, seals, hoses, hinges, pumps, and related parts. If you wash bleach loads, make them the last loads you do in a particular washing session. Why? Because bleach kills many odor-producing bacteria and germs. And, the little bit that remains in the machine prolongs the washer’s odor-free state. It works in concert with this Affresh® cleaner.
- Affresh Washer Cleaner Review, for HE Washing Machines
- How to Clean Front Loading Washing Machine with Bleach
- Top Load vs Front Load Washers Pros Cons
- How to Freshen Up a Smelly Washing Machine
- Tide Washing Machine Cleaner Review
Affresh Washer Cleaner Directions: References
- 2018-04-11: Originally published.