We offer these Affresh washing machine cleaner directions, based on the instructions found on the box. Plus, we add in the little tricks and tips we found while cleaning our own machine. Thus, we hope that these further enhance how well this Affreash cleaner product cleans.
Not a Laundry Soap
Do not put clothes in the washing machine while using this cleaner. The perfume in Affresh might remain on the clothes, and could get too overpowering. Plus, the agents in Affresh may harm your garments. So be safe, and keep your clothes away while cleaning your washer.
Only Cleans the Water Handling Parts
Affresh® works well on washer parts that come into direct contact with the water circulating system within. These include the tub, water jets, pumps, the drain, and door seals.
But if nasty smells persist using Affresh for a few months, your washing machine may be to blame. Indeed you could have leaking pipes in it where water collects under the machine, and it never dries. Still and warm water forms a breeding ground for odor-causing bacteria. So a smelly washing machine could need repairs. But these long lasting odors, due to mechanical breakdowns, are beyond the scope of this product to solve.
Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner Directions and Tips, Step by Step
Hints and Tips
- Apply once per month.
- Then, leave the door ajar between laundry loads.
- For stubborn odors or dirt and growths, apply Affresh® washing machine cleaner three times. Use one tablet in each of three consecutive cleaning cycles. This helps remove mold, mildew, and bacteria buildup. Then, after these three rapid fire cleanings, apply Affresh cleaner once a month (maintenance mode).
Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner Directions, Step by Step Instructions
- First of all, to clean, drop ONE Affresh® tablet directly into washer tub. Do not put in the soap dispenser.
- Then close / latch the door and run on REGULAR wash cycle, using HOT water. Or if your washing machine features a CLEAN cycle, use that instead.
- Thus, to avoid frequent odor return, let door stand open between washer uses. This promotes complete and fastest drying of the tub, seals, hoses, hinges, pumps, and related parts.
- If you wash bleach loads, make them the last loads you do in a particular washing session. Why? Because bleach kills many odor-producing bacteria and germs. And, the little bit that remains in the machine prolongs the unit’s odor-free state. It works in concert with this Affresh® cleaner.
Related Posts to Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner Directions
- Top Load vs Front Load Washing Machines
- Affresh Washer Cleaner Review, for HE Washing Machines
- How to Clean Front Loading Washing Machine with Bleach
- How to Freshen Up a Smelly Washing Machine
- Tide Washing Machine Cleaner Review
Affresh Washer Cleaner Directions: References
- 2021-08-24: First released.