Here we cover the Amazon Echo Spot power supply specs for the AC adapter cable wall plug included with this smart speaker. First, the US version of this cable has non folding AC prongs. It also has a six-foot long non detachable DC cord. Further, it’s light weight for its 15 watt power output. This plug features square yet modest width and height. Also, this 12-volt supply fits into a standard outlet on either a wall outlet, power strip, or extension cord. But it blocks no nearby outlets, as shown next.
Yet the Amazon Echo Spot power supply noiselessly outputs that 15 watts of power to this smart speaker. Also, this wall cord gives good DC regulation, allowing the little speaker to play deeper bass, crisp treble, and punchy audio volume.
Further, this is no low-budget AC power supply. It seems well built. Also, it is sealed, runs with little heating even at higher volume playing, and gives off little if any RFI and EMI radio noise. But while not built for fixing, the low cost of this switching supply makes repairing these ITE accessories a relic exercise.
You’ll find this same adapter used on the Generation 3 Echo Dot as well as the Amazon Fire TV Cube devices.
Amazon Echo Spot Power Supply Specs
Echo Spot power adapter. Model: GP92NB. LO P/N PA-1150-9ABN. Input: 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz., 0.5 Amps Max. Output: 12 volts at 1.25 Amps. UL Listed: 9T54. CAN: ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) AC Adapter. Made in China(P). I.T.E. Power Supply E132068. Polarity: Positive center on the DC output “barrel” plug.
Furthermore, the DC output connector, the metal barrel part, is roughly 10 mm long, with an outer diameter of approximately 4 mm.
The size of the positive lead hole at the top of the barrel plug is roughly 2 mm. Note, that this is a bit smaller than the 21 watt and larger versions of this power supply.
Finally, the AC adapters for the 2nd generation Echo (21 watts) and Echo Spot power adapter (15 watts) look similar. But they ARE NOT interchangeable. This is due to center conductor size difference. Also, there’s the DC output voltage on the 21 watt version being 15 volts. But on THIS Spot wall adapter, it’s 12 volts. So, even if the connectors from each adapter would fit the other speaker, their voltage specs make them incompatible with that other speaker.
This Amazon Echo Spot power supply and cable weighs about 4 ounces.
- Updating Firmware on Echo Spot Amazon Alexa Speaker Instructions
- AC Power Adapter Specs for the Amazon Echo Generation 2 Alexa Smart Speaker
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To Hard Reset
- AC Wall to 12v DC Power Adapter Specs for the Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio Receiver
- AC Power Adapter Specs for Amazon Alexa Echo Dot 2 Smart Speaker
- Echo Spot Change WiFi Network Instructions Amazon Alexa Spot Speaker
- Amazon Echo Spot and Fire TV Cube Power Adapter for Sale on Amazon.com
- Power adapter For Amazon Echo charger and Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation) Cable 6.7ft Ac Dc adapter Replacement Switching Charger Power Supply For Amazon Echo Cord Wireless Speaker
- AC Charger for Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Power Supply Adapter Cord Cable
- 2018-12-03: First published.