You may need to hard factory reset an Amazon Smart Plug to restore proper operation should it stop responding to Alexa commands coming from either your Echo smart speaker or the Alexa app. Or, perhaps you’d like to change the WiFi network and / or password to which this smart plug connects. In either case a hard reset will do the trick.
- Note that a hard reset erases the saved WiFi network information from the plug’s internal memory.
- If your plug is connected to your WiFi and and Amazon account when you perform the factory reset, then the reset also removes the plug from your Amazon account. So, if you’re resetting the plug to get it ready to sell, we recommend this procedure. Again, factory resetting not only clears out the plug’s memory, but also deletes it from your Amazon account.
- Once reset, the Amazon smart plug will no longer connect to your WiFi network. Thus, you will no longer be able to control it via the Alexa app or from your Echo speakers. To restore full operation after a hard reset, you’ll need to set up the plug once more.
Amazon Smart Plug Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Connect the Amazon Smart Plug to AC Power
Plug the unit into a working wall outlet as shown next. The status light will flash red several times, and either begin flashing blue, or turn off completely, as it does in the next picture.
2. Press and Hold the Action button to Reset the Amazon Smart Plug
Find the Action button in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow. Hold it in, until the light on the front starts blinking red.
You may see the status lamp flash a blue and red at first. If so, then keep holding the Action button until the blue stops, and all you see is a red on and off blinking, as shown next.
3. Next, Release the Action Button when Lamp Blinks Only Red
Wait for the light to begin flashing red. You should see no blue in the blinking pilot lamp.
Then, when you release the button, the light then glows a solid red for several seconds while reset takes place.
Finally, the light begins blinking on and off blue (no red here) as seen next.
4. Done with Amazon Smart Plug Reset !
This means that the reset is now finished, and your smart plug is now ready for setup or sale.
Related Posts to Amazon Smart Plug Reset
- Gosund Smart Plug Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, Solves Many Problems
- Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
References for How to Factory Reset Amazon Smart Plug
- 2020-12-17: First published.