Belkin has created a line of plug in range extenders. These include the F9K1122, F9K1122v1, and F9K1122v2 units for Wi-Fi. These each have a hard reset button. Pressing this button erases any custom settings. This returns the Belkin extender to factory default values. E.g. It restores the settings to what they were when the unit shipped from Belkin. You may also reset the extender via its admin web site. We describe how to do a Belkin range extender reset, both ways, for all these models, here in this post.
Try a factory default reset if the range extender shows strange behaviors. These include failing to connect to the primary Wi-Fi network. Or, the extension network slows way down or locks up. You may also see that the extender won’t stay connected, and so on.
Or, other reasons to reset your extender. Perhaps you’re selling it. Or, you want to set it up to extend new Wi-Fi networks.
Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122, F9K1122v1, F9K1122v2
Do this group of steps first, no matter how you’re going to reset the F9K1122, F9K1122v1, or F9K1122v2.
1. Plug the Range Extender into Good AC Power
Never disrupt the power source during hard reset. This can corrupt the extender’s memory, leaving the firmware damaged and non useable. The F9K1122 may not start up afterwards. You then have a “bricked” or non useable Wi-Fi extender.
So, plug your extender directly into a well-fitting, non switched AC wall outlet, as shown above. Do not connect it via an extension cord though. This avoids the loose connections that often occur with cheap or worn out cords.
2. Wait for Boot-up to Finish
Wait until it finishes booting before going to the next step. Booting can take roughly thirty seconds.
The extender completes startup when the front lamp glows either solid blue, or flashes blue and amber.
3. Start Belkin Range Extender Reset by Either of Two Ways
If you want to use the reset button, skip ahead to the Reset the F9K1122 Via its Reset Button section below. Or, you may order a hard reset via the device’s admin web pages by running the Reset the F9K1122 Via its Admin Web Site section, next.
4. Tips for Resetting via the Web
An advantage of resetting though the web. You won’t have to dig out the extender from behind furniture, inside a wiring closet, and so on. Instead, you can reset it from the comfort of your computer.
But using the web may not always be a viable option in those situations where the extender has become unresponsive. So make this choice based on the particulars of your circumstances.
Belkin Range Extender Reset the F9K1122, F9K1122v1, and F9K1122v2 Via the Admin Web Site
If your extender is extending Wi-Fi networks normally, then connect to it via the web. In that case, you can force a hard reset via the web admin page, as follows.
1. Connect your Computer to One of the Extender’s Extension Networks
Now your extended networks may have the same name as your primary networks. Indeed, all versions of the F9K1122 allow this. It that’s the case, then move the extender farther away from your primary Wi-Fi source. But stay close enough that the extender still connects to it.
Then, move your computer / tablet / phone close to the extender.
Next, connect it to the network as you normally would. The computer should connect to the extended version of your Wi-Fi, and not the primary.
Note that the default extension networks have different names from the extended networks. Most extension names end in _2ext, _5ext, _2XT, 5XT, and so on. So, connect to one of these extension networks.
Note: You must connect to a network that your extender is providing, to access its admin web site.
2. Log In to the Range Extender’s Admin Web Site
With the extender fully booted, go to a web browser on the computer in step 1.
Now the screen shown next may not appear. If it does not, then your computer may still connect to the primary network, instead of the extension. But it must connect to the extension to do the reset via the web.
To connect to the extension network, move the F9K1122 further away from the primary router. Put the computer closer to the extender. Then, try to connect again.
At any rate, continue on with the next step once you’ve received the F9K1122 admin home page, as shown next.
3. Find the Hard Reset Option to Continue with Belkin Range Extender Reset
You’ll find the Restore Factory Defaults link on the left side of the page, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the last picture.
4. Click the Restore Factory Defaults Link
This brings up the admin login password prompt screen, as shown next. You may decide not to reset the extender at this point. If so, then just leave this page.
But if you still wish to reset, enter the correct admin password. Then, press the Submit button, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the next picture.
If you never set an admin password, just press Submit without entering anything into the password field.
Tapping Submit, brings up the Restore Factory Defaults Confirmation screen, as follows.
5. Click the Restore Factory Defaults Button
This brings up one final warning screen before the hard reset starts, as shown in the next screenshot.
Warning: Clicking or tapping the OK button here, works just like pressing the physical reset button. Doing so takes the network extender offline while the original factory settings are restored. You will also be logged off of the http://belkin.range/ web site. The status lamp on the F9K1122 goes out. Then, it starts flashing as the reset runs.
While resetting, the extender displays the Reset in Progress screen on your computer, as shown in the next picture.
This screen counts down the seconds in a minute until it reaches 1. Then, it just freezes.
But the extender has indeed reset at this point. So, in order to use it again, you’ll have to set it up again, as we describe in our Belkin F9K1122v1 N600 Plug In WiFi Range Extender Setup Instructions post.
6. Check that the Factory Reset has Finished
With the F9K1122 still plugged into AC power, scan for in-range Wi-Fi networks on your computer. If the reset finished successfully, you should see the Belkin.setup network when you scan for wireless networks close to you.
Reset the F9K1122, F9K1122v1, and F9K1122v2 Extenders Via the Reset Button
You can also reset this range extender by pressing its reset button. Find this button near the Ethernet port, on the unit bottom, as shown next. Do this as follows.
1. Press and Hold the Red Reset Button for Ten to Twenty Seconds
Since the hold for the reset button is small, insert a pen tip or a straightened paper clip. Also, this button is delicate. So you can easily damage it if you press too hard. Thus, raise your pressing pressure only until you feel the button give (click) into the pressed position. Then, hold it in until the extender starts resetting itself.
2. Release the Reset Button
You can tell when factory default reset starts, because the light goes out for several moments. Then, release the RESET. Applying pressure for too long can, again, damage the button. So, hold it in only as long as it takes to begin factory default resetting.
3. Wait for the F9K1122 to Finish Resetting
This can take nearly a minute. So be patient, and DO NOT UNPLUG (POWER DOWN) YOUR EXTENDER WHILE RESETTING!!! Again, powering off most any network device while it’s resetting can brick it. If that happens, you may have to send the extender back to Belkin for proper re flashing.
For cheaper extenders, factory re flashing may not be worth the expense. So, get it right the first time. Never shut off a wireless extender while it’s resetting.
Factory default reset finishes when the lights on the extender stop blinking (except for occasional data blinks). You should also be able to access the extender’s admin setup web pages at http://belkin.range/ .
4. Re apply any Customized Settings
Once the hard reset finishes, make any changes to the extender’s settings that your network needs, at the http://belkin.range/ site, again, as detailed in our Belkin F9K1122v1 N600 Plug In WiFi Range Extender Setup Instructions post.
5. Done Resetting the F9K1122, F9K1122v1, F9K1122v2
Other Posts About the Belkin F9K1122 Range Extender
- Belkin F9K1122v1 N600 Plug In WiFi Range Extender Setup Instructions
- How to Reset Belkin N600 Plug In Wireless Range Extender F9K1122
Related Posts to Belkin F9K1122 Range Extender Reset Instructions
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot WiFi, How To Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions to Solve Many Problems
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for Belkin Range Extender Reset
- Belkin: Resetting or restoring the range extender’s factory default settings
- Belkin Support Web Site
- 2019-04-29: Tuned the targeting and deleted ad scripts.
- 2018-04-14: Revised post title and content for improved keyword targeting.
- 2017-03-28: Originally published.