Videos and full length episodes on CBS.COM may not play in Internet Explorer 11. Clicking on the link for a particular episode, instead of creating the Flash screen with the video playing inside of it, you see a message inviting you to install Flash player. You get this, even though you already have the latest version of Flash on your computer. We have observed this on Windows 7 64-bit computers, and found that executing one or more of the possible solutions below, will solve this problem.
Reinstall the Flash Player
1. First, uninstall all versions of Flash from your computer by bringing up the Control Panel, and going into the Uninstall Program app.
2. Then, install the latest version of Flash from the official Adobe Flash Player Download Web Site. If doing this in Internet Explorer, you’ll be asked to close IE before continuing.
3. Once you have the fresh Flash player installed, try playing your desired CBS.COM video again. If it still does not work, and you still receive the link to install the latest Flash version, try the next procedure.
Reset Internet Explorer to Factory Default State
We have tested this procedure successfully on several occasions.
1. Bring up Internet Explorer.
2. Bring up the menu bar, if it’s not already present by default, by pressing and releasing the ALT key.
3. Choose the Internet Options menu item. The multi-tabbed Internet Options window appears.
4. Click the Advanced tab. The window reconfigures itself to show the Advanced options.
5. About three quarters down the window, just right of center, find and then press the Reset button. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings window appears.
6. Then, click the Reset button in that window. This action resets all non advanced IE options to their factory default values.
7. Exit Internet Explorer and restart it, to assure that you’re running a version with all its options back at default values.
8. Then, try playing your CBS.COM video again. Restoring IE to factory defaults usually fixes the problem, especially if you’ve execute the previous solution, and installed the latest Flash player version.
Will add more possible solutions as we discover them.
- How to Stop a DVD from Skipping
- Factory Default Settings Reset of Apple iPod Video Player
- How to Fix a Scratched DVD Disc
- Does Google Home Mini Speaker Have Bluetooth Yet?
- Philips Universal Remote SRP5107 Review
- 2016-01-13: Added more appropriate tags.
- 2015-10-01: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-07-18: Originally published.