You can charge JBL Flip 4 wireless speakers conveniently via their hidden USB charge ports. To summarize: First, select an adequate USB power adapter. Why this? Because the Flip 4 does not come with this as a standard accessory.
Plus, the Flip 4 needs a high power USB power source to charge fully in a reasonable amount of time. Next, connect the orange micro USB cable between the Flip 4 and that adapter. Next, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet. Finally after a few to four hours, your JBL speaker will fully charge, and you’ll be able to play it again for up to twelve hours before you must charge it again.
How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers
1. Choose Right Size Power Adapter
In this demo, we’re using the RavPower 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Flip 4
Use a penny or a dime to pry open the waterproof seal port cover on the Flip 4. This exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Flip 4
Then, plug the small end of the orange micro USB charge cord into the matching micro USB port in the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into your USB Power Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter, as pictured next.
5. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Flip 4 and our RavPower adapter are connected, we plug the RavPower into a functioning AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we’ve plugged ours into a surge protector power strip.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights up on the Flip 4 when you apply enough USB power. There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture.
6. Let the Flip 4 Charge Until All Battery Power Lights Go Out
Battery charging is complete when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes.
This next picture shows the speaker just before completing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status gage are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gage lights go out, as shown next.
7. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Flip 4
8. Fully Close the Waterproof Port Door
Note that unless this flap is snapped securely and completely in place, water could enter the port area, possibly damaging the Flip 4 electronics inside. So, be sure to press the port door closed with enough force to properly seat it, for full water resistance.
We have now fully charged our JBL Flip 4 wireless Bluetooth speaker. Note that the battery charge status gage just after turning on the Flip 4 after a full recharge. All lamps are aglow, meaning that the speaker is current fully charged.
Repeat this process every ten to twelve hours of music play through the Flip 4, to keep its battery in top condition. We charge ours when the battery status gage lights show only one light glowing.
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Flip 4 JBL Charging Indicator, How to Read to See How Full the Battery Is
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
- JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker, Portable, Waterproof, Review
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- JBL Flip 4 Change Name, How to Change JBL Bluetooth Speaker Name
- Flip 4 Charger Type, Which USB Charger to Use
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons Meaning, Lighted Buttons Described
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- How to Charge Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker by JBL, on YouTube.com
- JBL Flip 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Black, at BestBuy.com
- 2018-05-24: First published.