Here are our charging UE Wonderboom instructions for this portable Bluetooth speaker. Use the concealed micro USB power input on the speaker back, near the bottom.
In short, first select a powerful enough USB power adapter. Why? Because Logitech does not include this with the Wonderboom as a standard accessory. But you can buy one from them for roughly $20 US if you wish.
Then, connect a micro USB charge cord between the UE Wonderboom and that adapter. Then, plug that supply into a working AC receptacle.
Finally after a few hours, your UE Wonderboom fully recharges. Then you can play it again for perhaps ten hours before it needs another charge.
Charging UE Wonderboom Instructions, Step by Step
1. Choose Proper Size Charger
First off, we charge the Wonderboom UE with the iClever 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next. The UE Wonderboom needs 5 volts at roughly 0.6 amps to charge fully in a reasonable amount of time. So this iClever USB wall adapter is indeed strong enough to recharge the speaker with lots of power to spare.
2. Open the Port Cover
Second, use a nickel or a dime to force open the waterproof seal port cover on the WB. This then reveals the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Power Off your Speaker
Next, note that the Wonderboom still charges when powered up. But depending on your charger, it may recharge somewhat faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Speaker to Continue with Charging UE Wonderboom
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port. Find the port on the speaker back, as shown next.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into the AC Adapter
Then, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter. Note that we also supply our own generic micro USB cable, in addition to the charger described above.
6. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Live Wall Outlet
Now that we connected the Wonderboom and charger, we then plug the iClever into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we plugged ours into a wall outlet in our kitchen.
The status lamp in the Power button lights a fading and brightening white pattern when charging with adequate USB power. While no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the pulsating white lamp means that charging is happening. Then when the speaker is OFF, it goes out when recharging is over. If the speaker is ON when that happens, this lamp starts glowing a solid white.
7. Let the UE Wonderboom Charge Until the the Power Lamp Stops Pulsating
Finally, the battery charging is complete when the gradually brightening and fading power lamp stops pulsating.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable to Continue with Charging UE Wonderboom
9. Fully Close the USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap the port door tightly into place, water could enter this area. Then this might damage the electronics inside the speaker. So, be sure to firmly press that door closed to correctly seat it, for full water resistance.
10. Done with Charging UE Wonderboom !
At last, we have now fully charged our UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker.
Now for best battery working, repeat this charging every ten hours of play time. This keeps the battery in top working order for months to come. Further, don’t let the battery stay dead for very long. Why? Because if it remains dead for too long, it can stay that way even when you try to recharge it.
Related Posts to UE Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charging Instructions
Other Posts About the UE Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with iPad Air Instructions
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa Echo Speakers
- Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home, How To
References for Charging UE Wonderboom
Change History Log
- 2020-04-13: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-12: First posted.