The JBL speakers in the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, Boombox, and PartyBox series models, allow you to connect up to a hundred of them together such they all play the same stream at the same time. This gives a much bigger sound, to fill a larger party spaces with your favorite tunes. So in this post, we explain how Connecting JBL speakers together in this way is done.
Older models have the Connect Plus button for this, while the newer models offer the PartyBoost button. However, both these systems work the same. But generally, you can’t connect Connect Plus and PartyBoost speakers in the same listening session. Yet if you have all PartyBoost or all of the older Connect+ models, you can match them and link them for multiple speaker music.
Connecting JBL Speakers Together, Step by Step
- Decide which speaker will be the master of the session.
- Power up and pair this one with your smart phone or tablet.
- Move all the speakers close together, to within ten feet of each other.
- Turn on the next speaker to add to the session.
- Press the PartyBoost or Connect+ button on the master speaker. Most JBL speakers have a light that comes on when either of these modes is active. Plus they make a rising cord sound when you enter these modes on them.
- Power up the next speaker to add to the session.
- Then press the PartyBoost or Connect+ button on that speaker to link. It also makes the connecting sound and its party connect light comes on.
- Finally, repeat steps 6 and 7 for each additional speaker you wish to link into the listening session.
How to Disconnect JBL Speakers
You can remove one speaker from the session, so long as it’s not the master, by simply pressing and holding its Connect+ or PartyBoost button, until the associated light goes dark and the speaker makes the disconnecting sound. Or, you can simply power off that speaker.
Furthermore, to end the entire session, just power down the master speaker.
Related Posts to Connecting JBL Speakers Together
- 2023-02-13: First published.