Here we cover the Echo Dot 3rd Gen Adapter specs for the AC power supply that accompanies this smart speaker.
First,, the US version of this power cord has non folding AC prongs. It also has a six-foot long attached cord. Furthermore, it’s light weight for the 15 watt power output. Plus, it has a square yet modest width and height.
This 12-volt supply fits into a standard power strip or wall outlet. But it blocks no nearby outlets, as shown next.
Yet the Echo Dot 3rd Gen power cable silently outputs that 15 watts of power to this latest, 3rd version of the Echo Dot smart speaker. Also, this supply provides good regulation, allowing the little speaker to play deeper bass, crisper treble, and decent sound volume.
Further, this is not a low-budget AC wall adapter. Indeed it appears well built. Also, it is sealed, runs with little heating even at higher volumes, and gives off little if any RFI and EMI noise. But while not built for repair, the low cost of this switching supply makes fixing these ITE units a relic exercise. I.e. You might as well just buy a new one when the old one fails.
Echo Dot 3rd Gen Power Adapter Specs
Echo Dot 3rd Gen power supply. Model: GP92NB. LO P/N PA-1150-9ABN. Input: 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz., 0.5 Amps Max. Output: 12 volts at 1.25 Amps. UL Listed: 9T54. CAN: ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) AC Adapter. Made in China(P). I.T.E. Power Supply E132068. Polarity: Positive center on the DC output “barrel” plug.
Furthermore, the echo dot 3rd gen power supply DC output connector, the metal barrel part, is around 10 mm long, with an outer diameter of roughly 4 mm.
The size of the positive lead hole at the top of the barrel plug is roughly 2 mm. Note, that this is a bit smaller than the 21 watt and larger versions of this power supply.
Finally, the AC adapters for the 2nd generation Echo (21 watts) and echo dot 3 power adapter (15 watts) look similar. But they ARE NOT swappable. This is due to center conductor size difference. Also, there’s the DC output voltage on the 21 watt version being 15 volts. But on THIS wall adapter, it’s 12 volts. So, even if the connectors from each adapter would fit the other speaker, their voltage specs make them incompatible with that other speaker.
This echo dot 3rd Gen power adapter, including its cable and connector, weighs 4 ounces.
Related Posts to Echo Dot 3rd Gen Power Adapter Supply Specs
- How to Change Echo Dot Wake Word
- Echo Dot 3 Buttons Guide
- AC Power Supply Specs for the Amazon Echo Generation 2 Alexa Smart Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB AC Charger Adapter Specs
- AC Wall to 12v DC Power Adapter Specs for the Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio Receiver
- Logitech Squeezebox Boom Adapter Supply Specs
- JBL Charge 3 Power Adapter Specs
- Victor Reader Trek Power Supply Specs
- AC Adapter Specs for Victor Reader Stream 303
- 12 Volt Power Adapter Failure on External Hard Drive
References for Echo Dot 3rd Gen Power Adapter Specs
- Pwr 12V Power Adapter Compatible with Echo Dot (3rd Gen ONLY!) : UL Listed Extra Long 6.5 Ft Power Supply Cord P/N GP92NB PA-1150-9ABN
- 2021-09-14: Originally published.