Here, we give Echo Dot 3rd Generation speaker factory reset directions, that show you how to set this smart speaker back to default factory settings. So why would you factory reset ? Well, you may desire to sell or give this speaker to another. Or to sync it to a new Amazon account. Or to join it to a new WiFi network. In fact, in all these situations, factory resetting is the best way to clean out all old account data from this speaker assistant. A reset to factory settings gets the speaker ready to use on a new account and / or WiFi network. So to factory reset the speaker, and unpair it from its current Alexa account, run through the routine below.
Do not always factory reset as a first step for fixing strange Echo Dot 3rd Generation speaker behavior. Before doing this, try powering off the unit. E.g. By unplugging its power cable either from the wall outlet, or from the speaker itself. Then, wait a quarter to half minute. Finally, plug it back in. Rebooting often restores proper working. But if not, read on for the proper factory reset procedure.
Once you factory reset, you’ll no longer be able to control the speaker from your Amazon account. To get control of it back, run through the Setup procedure again. There, relink the speaker to that account again via the Alexa app.
Echo Dot 3rd Generation Factory Reset, Step by Step
1. Attach AC Power Cable
First, connect the speaker to its 12-volt power adapter cord, as shown next.
2. Next, Plug the AC Cord into a Working Wall Outlet
See this as shown next.
Then, wait for the unit to finish booting. It’s done booting when either the light ring goes dark, or it begins flashing orange, red, or purple.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Action Button for 5 to 10 Seconds to Continue with Echo Dot 3rd Generation Factory Reset
Press the Action button until the light ring turns yellow-orange. You should also hear the speaker say that it is entering Setup mode. On this unit, the Action button doubles as the Factory Reset button, and is pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
4. Finally, What Happens After Factory Reset?
Your speaker reverts to its factory default settings. It also is now in Setup mode, as shown next.
5. Done with this Echo Dot 3rd Generation Factory Reset Routine !
Pack the Speaker for Sale, or Set it Up Again
You may give your speaker to another now. Don’t fear that they’ll have access to the settings on your Amazon account though. They won’t.
Or, you can set it up again on your existing account. But if selling, we suggest that you ship the speaker in its original carton for safest mailing. See the original box in the next picture. Then, pack that box into another outer box for further safety.
Other Posts About the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Set Up Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Charger Specs
- Buttons Guide for the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Speaker
- Rebooting the Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Related Posts to Echo Dot 3rd Generation Factory Reset
- Echo Studio Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Netgear Extender Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Factory Reset Instructions
- Amazon Echo Factory Reset Instructions
References for Echo Dot 3rd Generation Factory Reset
- 2020-12-11: First published.