This post shows where the reset button is on the Echo Gen 2 smart speaker. On this speaker though, we find no separate reset button. Instead, you press the Mic Off and Volume Down (-) buttons on the top of the unit are pressed and held down at the same time to start a factory default reset. See these in the following picture.
Unlike the earlier version, the generation 1 original Echo, there is no reset button in a pin hole on the bottom of this unit. This means that accidental reset is a possibility with this later model. Why? Because the Mic OFF and Vol Down buttons are very close together. So it would be easy to press them both at the same time. But a short press does not reset the speaker. Rather, you must hold both these buttons in for a couple seconds. And even then, the speaker asks if you really want to reset before it actually does reset. So putting the reset function on the top doesn’t hurt anything that we see. People still will not reset it by accident very often.
Related Posts to Echo Gen 2 Reset Button
- JBL Charge 4 Reset Button, Where to Find It
- Flip 2 Speaker Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Location
- Reset Button on Google Chromecast Audio, Where Is It
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
- JBL Go Reset Button, Where It is Located
- Echo Dot Reset Button Location on Gen 1, 2, and 3 Dots
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Button, Where It Is Located
- Invoke Cortana Reset Button, Where is It
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Button Location on this JBL Speaker
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Echo Sub Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Xtreme Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- Reset Button on Instant Pot Smart WiFi Cooker
- Echo Dot Reset Button, Where Is It
- Google Mini Reset Button, Where Is It
- Amazon Echo Reset Button, Where to Find It
- Where is Reset Button on Google Home Speaker
Other Posts About the Echo Gen 2 Speaker
- AC Power Adapter Specs for the Amazon Echo Generation 2 Alexa Smart Speaker
- How to Connect Amazon Alexa Echo Smart Speaker to Bluetooth Speaker
References for Echo Gen 2 Reset Button
- Reset Your Echo Device, from Amazon Help
- 8 Common Amazon Echo Problems, and How to Fix Them Quickly, from Trusted Reviews
- 2019-04-27: Added key word targeting and more tags.
- 2017-12-07: Originally published.