This piece gives Echo Studio speaker Bluetooth pairing help, which allows you to play music from your phone or tablet or any other Bluetooth source device, through this great sounding Bluetooth speaker.
Echo Studio Bluetooth Pairing, Step by Step
We assume here that your speaker is up and running, is connected to Alexa via your Amazon account. Also, you should have the Alexa app running on a smart phone or tablet that is connected to the same network as your Echo Studio. If not, get all that set up, and then come back and follow the routine below to make the Echo Studio into a Bluetooth speaker.
1. Run the Alexa App
Find the Alexa app on your mobile device, as we did on the iPad Air device, as shown in the next picture.
Tap the Alexa app icon to run it. You should see the app’s Home page, as shown next.
2. Tap the Devices Button
Find this called out by the green arrow in the last picture.
Hitting the Devices control brings up the Devices page, as shown next.
3. Tap the All Devices Button
Touching the All Devices button brings up that page, which lists all the Alexa devices currently configured on your Amazon account, as shown next.
4. Find and Touch the Echo Studio Speaker for Bluetooth Pairing
Locate your Echo Studio in the All Devices list shown on this page. Then, tap it.
This brings up the Device Settings page for the Echo Studio you selected, as shown next. In this demo, we’re working with the Tom’s Echo Studio speaker.
5. Tap the Bluetooth Devices Item to Continue with Echo Studio Bluetooth Pairing
Then, on the Device Settings page, touch the Bluetooth Devices item. Find this just below the Audio Settings item, as pointed out by the green arrow in the last picture.
This brings up the Bluetooth Settings page, as shown next.
6. Tap the Pair a New Device Bar
Find this light blue colored bar near the bottom of the page, as pointed out by the green arrow in the last picture above.
Then, you should see the Setup page come up, as shown next.
Now when this screen appears, then the Echo Studio is now in Bluetooth pairing mode. So you can now find it on your phone or tablet or other source Bluetooth device. In this demo, we’re going to connect it to an iPad Air tablet.
7. Go to your Tablet’s / Phone’s Home Screen
On our tablet, we go to the Home screen by pressing and releasing the Home button. This minimizes the Alexa app, and brings up the Home page, as shown next.
8. Bring up the Bluetooth Settings Page on your Mobile Device
Your device may be laid out differently. But in this demo we find the Settings app on page two of the Home screen. So, we tap that.
That takes us to the Settings page, where we then find the Bluetooth item on the left side of that page. So then, we touch that.
The result is the Bluetooth Settings page, as we see next.
Note that our Echo Studio was discovered as Echo Studio-2RK.
9. Tap on the Discovered Echo Studio to Pair with It
Tapping on the listed Echo Studio then creates a Bluetooth connection with it, as shown next.
The speaker then announces that you’ve now connected to it.
And finally, you can now play audio on your mobile device, and you’ll now hear it through the Echo Studio, which is now acting as a full-fledged Bluetooth speaker. Enjoy !
10. Done with How to Use Echo Studio as a Bluetooth Speaker
To disconnect your mobile device from the Echo Studio, simply turn Bluetooth OFF on that device, or forget the Studio there.
Also note that even when the Echo Studio is acting as a Bluetooth Speaker, it still responds to Alexa commands. So you can also disconnect it from your Bluetooth device by saying, “Alexa, disconnect.”
Other Posts About the Echo Studio Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Studio Speaker
- How to Connect Echo Studio to WiFi Network
- Alexa Echo Studio Setup Instructions
- How to Make Echo Studio Discoverable
- Echo Studio Buttons Guide, Meanings Functions Codes
Related Posts to Echo Studio Bluetooth Pairing
- UE Wonderboom Bluetooth Pairing Directions
- JBL Pulse 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth Pairing Help
- Boombox 2 JBL Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Boombox 1 Bluetooth Pairing Guide
- 2020-09-09: First posted.