Buildex EZ Ancor Stud Solver drywall & stud anchors provide a quick, convenient, and strong means to hang pictures, shelves, mirrors, and equipment on most any solidly supported drywall wall.
We’ve used EZ Ancor Stud Solver anchors on 1950s, 1980s, and 2008-vintage drywall installations. Our pictures thus, indeed hang true to this day. We’ve never experienced hung objects falling.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver anchors, due to their wide, deep-thread design, really bite into a large area of the drywall. So they distribute the weight over a larger area within the wall than, say, a driven nail or screw.
These anchors come in zinc-coated versions, and both lock tight and stay that way, until you remove them. For absolute best performance, it’s best to locate them in front of wall studs. But E-Z wall anchors still support their rated weight even when when you drive them into just drywall. For even higher total support weight, use two or more anchors across the drywall.
Benefits, Features, Advantages, and Pros of EZ Ancor Stud Solver Anchors
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Uses
Use E-Z drywall anchors to hang everything …
- Coat racks.
- Track lighting.
- Toilet paper holders.
- Smoke detectors.
The body head when tightened into the drywall, rests flat against the drywall. This leaves little or no gaps between the hung item and the wall.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Anchors Need Few Tools to Install
A number two Phillips head screwdriver and a bit of elbow grease are really all the tools you need.
The EZ Ancor Stud Solver Are Self Drilling
These anchors drive themselves into the wall with just a little turning pressure. No pre-drilling required therefore.
Drives Into Wood and Drywall
Drive EZ Ancor Stud Solver drywall anchors into wood panel or sheet rock walls.
Drives Into Pre Drilled Holes
This works only for holes smaller than the threaded body of the anchor. If so, then it will tighten well.
Note though that an EZ Ancor Stud Solver anchor will make that hole bigger. So if you later must take out the anchor, you’ll also have a larger hole to patch up. Indeed, larger holes are harder to patch than smaller ones.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Anchors Work in Hand-Plastered Walls and Stucco Too
Provides a sturdy, durable hold even in older plastered walls.
Provides adequate holding power to support ceiling-hung chain lamps, or anything that does not exceed the maximum stated support weight.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Installation is Fast and Simple
The hardest part of installing these anchors is marking the positions where you want to put them in. Once that’s decided, installation is a simple matter of driving a big, deep-threaded screw into the wall. Less than two minutes per anchor.
The EZ Ancor Stud Solver Stays Tight
Lasting hold. Mirrors stay put, for man years as tested, until you actually take them down. We’ve hung a key hook, using two of these anchors. Now getting a keyhook to stay on the wall is a challenge because…
- The every-day tension of three sets of heavy keys hanging there.
- Removal and rehanging of the keys each day.
Yet the hook remains tight after well over five years thanks to these Stud Solver anchors.
Many wall hanging devices use a sticky surface. The problem with this approach is that this…
- Dries out over time.
- Stains the wall.
- Can peel off the paint.
- The holding power you get is only as strong as the paint on the wall.
But E-Z Ancors on the other hand, thread into the wall directly. So they are much stronger because threads do not dry out.
No Stud Needed for Strong Hold
In fact, you need not find beams with a stud-finder at all. These anchors will drive into wooden studs behind drywall without problems. Or, they also drive into plain drywall with no stud behind. Yet in either case, they still support their rated weight.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Anchors Do Not Rust
Made of a zinc dicast metal, these anchors will not create any rust stains on the wall; particularly when used in interior-of-home settings.
Removal is Also Quick and Easy
To take down the item held up by these anchors, do the following.
- Un-hang the item.
- Then remove the hanger screw from the anchor.
- Next, remove the in-wall anchor screw body from the wall.
- Finally, Spackle up the hole left behind.
Two Weight Sizes
You can buy 40- and 50-pound capacities at local Home Depot stores and other home improvement center. These anchors work best on standard 1/2-inch thick drywall.
The EZ Ancor Stud Solver is Reusable
The main body of the Stud Solver is completely removable from the wall and leaves nothing behind inside the wall. These usually come out intact, and can be installed again and again at different locations.
Not too Costly
Buy 50 EZ Ancor Stud Solver anchors for less than $17. Smaller quantities also available, for lower costs.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, Limitations of EZ Ancor Stud Solver Drywall Anchors
These Make Holes in Wall
Since these anchors screw into the wall, they leave a hole behind when you take them out. But you can easily fill in this hole with spackling. Then, once that dries, cover it over with a bit of paint. Toothpaste works well as a sort of spackling too in small holes. In fact, removing the anchor is the easy part. So it patching the hole left behind. But the hardest part is finding paint that matches the rest of the wall to cover the patched hole.
May be Hard to Tighten
Depending on the drywall, you may have to exert “high torque” to get the anchor all the way in. But we’ve seen very few cases like this. They usually screw in with little effort.
EZ Ancor Stud Solver Anchors do Not Work Well in Metal
Over Tightening can Weaken Holding Strength
Do not drive Stud Solvers too far into the drywall. Drive only as far as it takes to get the flat head flush with the drywall around it. Driving them further means that some of the threads will come out of the other side. If that happens, then you have less threads inside the drywall. Less holding threads therefore, means less holding power. So for max holding strength, do not over tighten.
Our Rating for the EZ Ancor Stud Solver Wall Anchor
We’ve hung perhaps ten items on walls with these Buildex E-Z Ancor picture hanging accessories. We found this product easy to install without fear that our pictures would not fall.
This is a very forgiving device. You need no complicated instructions. It just works well as long as you drive these wall anchors into either drywall or wood. Because they spread out the weight, they apply little point-to-point stress on the drywall. They will not crack a wall unless you exceed the weight limit. We’re very impressed with this product, and so, rate it at 99 out of 100.
Related Posts to EZ Ancor Stud Solver
- Tide Washing Machine Cleaner Review for HE
- Whirlpool WMB31017AB Microwave Oven Review, Over Range
- Thermos Double Walled Hydration Bottle, 18 Ounces, Review
- CE Tech Dual Port In-Wall USB Charger 0000-160-806 Review
- Review: iClever Dual Port 24W USB Travel Wall Charger Adapter IC-TC02 with SmartID Technology
- Solve Noisy Window Air Conditioner Problems, How To
- Anker USB Charger, Dual Port, 24 Watt Wall Adapter Review
- Can You Change Amazon Alexa Name? Yes Indeed!
- Review: CREE™ 100w LED Daylight 5000k Cool White Dimmable Indoor Outdoor Light Bulb
- Mayfair 1B5109408 No Slam Toilet Seat Review
- Reset Button on Google Chromecast Audio, Where Is It
- CE Tech USB Charger 166878 PC01 Review, 4 Port, Wall
- XHose Expandable Garden Hose Review
- Electric Baseboard Heaters Installation Help, Tips, Advice
- Terro Ant Baits Review, Terro Liquid Ant Baits
- How To Change Bathroom Sink Faucet
- Safest Electric Space Heaters, How to Choose
- JGB Tuff Guard Garden Hose (PGH) Review
- JB Weld Steel Epoxy 8265-H Review
- Blue LED Christmas Lights Decorating Outdoors
- Best Earplugs for Side Sleepers – BPI Wax Ear Plugs
- Blaster Graphite Dry Lube Spray Review
References for this EZ Ancor Stud Solver Review
- 2019-06-14: Added key word targeting for ‘EZ Ancor Stud Solver’, removed ad code, and added more tags and links.
- 2015-10-27: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-07-31: Originally published.