Here, we show how to find current firmware version on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker. You may wish to determine the exact version number of the currently installed speaker firmware, while troubleshooting speaker connection and other problems. Now, to get the release information of the firmware installed on your Charge 3, you’ll need a mobile device with Bluetooth, the JBL Connect+ app installed on that device, and obviously, the Charge 3 speaker itself. Displaying the currently installed firmware version takes less than a minute.
How to Find Current Firmware Version on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
First, connect your mobile device to the internet and install the Connect+ app if not done already.
Next, power up your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker.
Then, pair your mobile device with the JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker.
You are now ready to visit the speaker information screen within the JBL Connect+ app, where the currently installed firmware release number is shown for your JBL speaker.
1. Find the JBL Connect+ App on your Mobile Device
We found ours on the fourth home page in our Apple iPad Air, as shown next.
2. Run the JBL Connect+ (JBL Connect Plus) App
The app takes a few seconds to show you some pretty animations when you first start it, as shown next.
But then it finds your paired JBL Charge 3 speaker and shows you its status (Home) screen, as pictured next.
3. Tap the Settings Button
This is the gear shaped object at the bottom center of the screen, as pointed at in the last picture above by the dark purple arrow.
Tapping the gear button then brings up the speaker’s Settings screen, as shown next.
4. Tap the Information Button
Find this located in the top left corner of the Settings screen. It’s the little circle with the letter I inside.
Tapping this button brings up the paired JBL Charge 3 speaker Information screen, as shown next.
On this page, we see that the firmware version currently running on our JBL Charge 3 speaker is 220.127.116.11.
We have now successfully learned what the currently installed firmware version is on our paired JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker. A similar procedure works too for other models of JBL Bluetooth speakers that are compatible with the JBL Connect+ app.
Once you have the firmware version information, you can close the JBL Connect Plus app, unless of course, you have something else to do in there.
- How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check, Test for Current Firmware Version on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Specs for the Charge 3 Power Bank Bluetooth Speaker by JBL
- Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To, Via JBL Connect Plus App
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- How to Force a Firmware Update on the Amazon Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- 2018-07-29: First published.