Here, we show how finding the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker firmware version currently installed on the speaker works. First, you might want to know the exact version number when troubleshooting speaker connections, pairing, and other issues and errors. So, to get this number, you just need the JBL Flip 4 speaker itself. Getting the currently installed firmware version number takes but a short time. Or, you can find it in the JBL Connect app when you connect your speaker to a source device that’s running this app.
Finding JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Firmware Version
One way to check what firmware version is installed on this speaker is to press a button combination to have the speaker speak its current firmware version, as follows.
1. Power Up the Flip 3
Turn on the speaker by pressing and releasing the Power button, as highlighted in the next picture.
2. Press the Connect and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons circled in the following picture.
Press and hold these buttons until the speaker speaks the current firmware version to you in a female voice. Ours said 7, 9. It just says the digits in the version number. It does not say the decimal points between them.
Note that if yours does not say the numbers in a few seconds, try power cycling the speaker. E.g. Turn it off, then on again, and try the version check once more. A fresh restart usually fixes this.
3. Done with Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version !
We have now successfully learned what the currently installed firmware version is on our JBL Flip 3 portable speaker. A similar routine works too for other models of JBL speakers in the Flip line.
Unfortunately, we found no way to get this info in the iOS version of the JBL Connect app when paired to this speaker.
Finally, the above comments apply to speaker firmware version 7.9 and Connect+ app version 4.2.29 for iOS. Note that the app version shown next is not the same as the speaker firmware version.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
- JBL Flip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Flip 3 JBL Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Change Name, How to Rename JBL Speaker
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- Finding JBL Flip 4 Firmware Version
- How to Find Honeywell Thermostat Firmware Version
- Finding JBL Charge 4 Firmware Version
References Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- 2020-04-08: Added tags.
- 2019-04-28: First posted.