Here, we demonstrate finding JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker current firmware version. You might want to know the exact version number of the currently installed JBL Flip firmware, while troubleshooting speaker connection, pairing, and other problems. Now, to get the release information of the firmware installed on your Flip 4, you’ll need a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android, Etc.) with Bluetooth, the JBL Connect+ app installed on that device, and obviously, the JBL Flip 4 speaker itself. Displaying the currently installed firmware version takes only a brief time.
Finding JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker Current Firmware Version Without App
You can press a button combination to have the speaker speak the firmware version number currently installed in it to you. This is the easiest way. For that, do the following.
1. Turn the Flip 4 ON
Power up the Flip 4 by pressing and releasing the Power button, as highlighted in the next picture.
2. Press the Connect and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons circled in the following picture.
With the speaker powered UP, press and hold these buttons until the speaker speaks the current firmware version to you in a female voice. Ours said 3, 2, 0. It just says the three digits. It does not say the points between them.
Finding JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker Current Firmware Version via the Connect App
This is a more involved way to get the firmware version currently installed.
First, connect your mobile device to the internet and install the Connect+ app if not done already.
Next, power up your JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker.
Then, pair your mobile device with the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker.
You are now ready to visit the speaker information screen within the JBL Connect+ app, where the currently installed firmware release number is shown for your JBL speaker.
1. Find the JBL Connect+ App on your Mobile Device
We found ours on the fourth home page in our Apple iPad Air, as shown next.
2. Run the JBL Connect+ (JBL Connect Plus) App
The app takes a few seconds to show you some pretty animations when you first start it, as shown next.
But then it finds your paired JBL Flip 4 speaker and shows you its status (Home) screen, as pictured next.
3. Tap the Settings Button
This is the gear shaped object at the bottom center of the screen, as pointed at in the last picture above by the dark purple arrow.
Tapping the gear button then brings up the speaker’s Settings screen, as shown next.
4. Tap the Information Button
Find this located in the top left corner of the Settings screen. It’s the little circle with the letter I inside.
Tapping this button brings up the paired JBL Flip 4 speaker Information screen, as shown next.
On this page, we see that the firmware version currently running on our JBL Flip 4 speaker is 18.104.22.168.
We have now successfully learned what the currently installed firmware version is on our paired JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker. A similar procedure works too for other models of JBL Bluetooth speakers that are compatible with the JBL Connect+ app.
Once you have the firmware version information, you can close the JBL Connect Plus app, unless of course, you have something else to do in there.
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons Layout, What Each Button Does and When to Use Them
- How to Pair Victor Reader Trek with JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Charger Type, Which USB Charger to Use
- Find Current Firmware Version on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check, Test for Current Firmware Version on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons Meaning, Lighted Buttons Described
- How to Find Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Firmware Version Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Charging Indicator, How to Read to See How Full the Battery Is
- 2019-04-26: Added button combination means to get the firmware version. Added tags.
- 2018-07-29: First published.