The Google Home Mini charger cord shipped with the smart speaker, is a standard medium-current USB power supply, though it does no charging. Why not? Because the Google Mini has no rechargeable battery inside despite its small size. Though a USB style cable, the five foot long white cord is nonetheless permanently attached to the power plug part. You cannot unplug the cord from the power supply thus.
This means that you cannot replace just the USB cable should you break it. A very small issue though, since cheap USB charger cords are widely available, should you need one.
Google Home Mini Charger Cord Information
The US version of this Google Home Mini charger cord is circular in shape and roughly one and three quarters of an inch around. Plus, not counting the AC prongs, the power pack is seven eighths of an inch thick. It sports a standard 120v two prong, non polarized plug, with non foldable prongs, as shown next.
This lightweight and compact charger cord accepts 50-60 Hz. 100-240 volts, 0.4 amps, 11 watt-hours Max. input, and a standby power draw (en modo de espera) of 0.01 watt-hours. It outputs 5 volts DC at 1.8 amps Max. to the micro USB male connector at the other end of the cable.
The white attached cable matches the color of the snow white exterior of this supply.
The Google Home Mini charger cord has no pilot lamp to show that it’s running.
Finally, given these specs along with our own testing, you may replace this Google Home Mini charger cord with any USB supply and cable that offers at least ten watts (5 volts at 2 amps) of USB power. Indeed, it may be cheaper to do that, should you lose this adapter or it stops working, than it would be to buy an exact replacement.
- Google Chromecast Audio Receiver USB Power Adapter Specs
- Anker USB Charger, Dual Port, 24 Watt Wall Adapter Review
- GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Charger, Y14 Review
- How to Turn Down Google Home Mini Volume
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Google Home Mini Tech Specks, from the Google Store
- Can the Google Home Mini Work Over USB Power Only (No Power Adapter)? on Redit.com
- Google Home Mini Review, from Digital Trends
- 2018-05-17: First published.