Where is the reset button on Google Home Mini speaker? Most smart speakers do indeed have a reset button. Or at least, there’s a reset button combination that you press when you want to factory reset the unit. So you use this button or button combination to reset these speakers when they behave in strange ways, or when you want to move them to a new place or onto a new WiFi network. Indeed, the Google Home Mini has a button just for resetting it. Thus, it’s good to know where to find it, as you’ll probably need to use it at least a few times while you own the speaker.
Where is the Reset Button on Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
So we find this single-purpose button on the bottom (underside) of the speaker. Additionally, it’s in the orange area, near the power port, pointed at by the blue arrow in the next picture. They put it here to prevent accidental resets.
Now with the speaker turned on, press and hold this button with your index finger for five to ten seconds. Doing this then starts a factory default hard reset of the Google Mini. So it clears out any stored Bluetooth and WiFi connections from the Mini’s memory. A reset restores the speaker to factory default, out-of-box settings.
Related Posts to Google Mini Reset Button
- JBL Charge 4 Reset Button, Where to Find It
- Flip 2 Speaker Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Location
- Reset Button on Google Chromecast Audio, Where Is It
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
Other Posts About the Google Mini Smart Speaker
- How to Change Google Mini WiFi Network
- Connect Google Mini to Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Google Mini Speaker
- How to Set Sleep Timer on Google Mini
References for Google Mini Reset Button
- Factory Data Reset (FDR) Google Home, from Google Support
- How to Reset the Google Home Mini, from Tom’s Guide
- 2019-05-06: Deleted ad code. Tuned the targeting and added tags.
- 2017-10-30: Originally published.