Where is the reset button on Google Home Mini speaker? Most smart speakers do indeed have a reset button, or at least, a reset button combination that you press when you want to factory reset the speaker. Reset when speakers behave in strange ways, or when you want to move them to a new place or onto a new WiFi network. Indeed, the Google Home Mini has a button just for resetting it. And, it’s good to know where to find it, as you’ll probably need to use it at least a few times while you own the speaker.
Where is the Reset Button on Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
We find this single-purpose button found on the bottom (underside) of the speaker. It’s in the orange area, near the power port, pointed at by the blue arrow in the next picture. The put it here to prevent accidental resets.
With the speaker turned on, press and hold this button with your index finger for five to ten seconds. This starts a factory default hard reset of the Google Mini. It clears out any stored Bluetooth and WiFi connections from the Mini’s memory. A reset restores the speaker to factory default, out-of-box settings.
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- Google Home Mini Smart Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Change WiFi Network on Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Google Home Mini Speaker Spotify Commands List
- JBL Go Reset Button, Where It is Located
- Unboxing a Brand New Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- USB Power Adapter Specs for the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- How to Reset Google Mini Speaker
- Echo Dot Reset Button Location on Gen 1, 2, and 3 Dots
- Factory Data Reset (FDR) Google Home, from Google Support
- How to Reset the Google Home Mini, from Tom’s Guide
- 2019-05-06: Deleted ad code. Tuned the targeting and added tags.
- 2017-10-30: Originally published.