You may need to reset your Gosund Smart Plug to restore proper operation should it stop responding to Alexa or Google Home commands coming from either your smart speaker or the Gosund or Alexa apps. Or, maybe you want to change the WiFi network and / or password to which this plug connects. In either case, a reset is needed. So read on for Gosund smart plug reset instructions.
Caution Before Gosund Smart Plug Reset
- Note that resetting this plug removes the saved WiFi network info from the its internal memory.
- If your smart plug is linked to your WiFi and Gosund account, then resetting also removes the plug from that account. So, if you’re resetting to get the plug ready to sell, we recommend this procedure. Again, resetting not only clears out the plug’s memory, but also deletes it from your Gosund account.
- Once reset, this smart plug will no longer connect to your WiFi network. Thus, you will no longer be able to control it remotely or from your smart phone or tablet. To restore full operation, you must set up the plug again.
- If you registered this plug in the Alexa app prior to resetting it, then that device entry will no longer work with your speakers afterwards. To use this plug with your Alexa Echo speakers again, remove its device entry from the devices list in the Alexa app, and then add the plug as a new device again. The same is true if you set up this plug in the Google Home app before resetting it, although we found that when you reset the plug while it’s connected to the internet, that the Google Home registration goes away automatically after reset. But it may not, so do check, and set up the plug again if you need to.
Gosund Smart Plug Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Connect the Smart Plug to AC Power
Plug the smart socket into a working wall outlet as shown next. The pilot lamp in the middle of the Action button will flash red and purple once or twice, and either begin flashing blue, or turn off entirely as it does in the next picture.
2. Press and Hold the Action Button to Continue with Gosund Smart Plug Reset
Find the Action button highlighted in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow. Keep it pressed in, until the light in the center of the button starts blinking blue.
You may see the button flash a blue and red at first. If so, then keep holding the Action button until the blue stops, and all you see is a red on and off blinking, as shown next.
3. Next, Release the Button when it Rapidly Blinks Blue
Wait for the light to begin flashing blue. Reset has occurred once the flashing begins.
Then, when you release the button, the light continues blinking fast blue, as shown next.
4. You have Now Reset your Gosund Smart Plug
This means that the factory reset is now complete, and your plug is now ready for setup or to sell or gift to someone else.
Related Posts to Gosund Smart Plug Reset
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, Solves Many Problems
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker Reset Instructions
- Clip 2 JBL Reset Instructions, Hard Factory Reset
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions to Fix Some Problems
Other Posts About the Gosund Smart Plug
References for Gosund Smart Plug Reset Instructions
- 2020-12-10: First published.