In this demo, we Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth pairing instructions that allow you to use the HK invoke as a BT speaker. We illustrate this on an iPad Air as a source Bluetooth device. After pairing, the Invoke then plays anything that would normally play through the iPad speakers.
Yes, the HK Invoke smart speaker also functions as a Bluetooth speaker. In fact, it sports a Pairing button, that you press any time you wish to link this speaker with a new source device. Paring devices include phones, tablets, media players, streamers, or other media source devices. It’s best to run through the usual Cortana speaker setup procedure prior to attempting to run it as a Bluetooth speaker, which we have done prior to this demo.
Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
1. Find the Bluetooth Button
The Bluetooth pairing button is at the rear of this smart speaker, as shown in the next picture,. There, we pointed at it with the purple arrow.
2. Press the Bluetooth Pairing Button for a Couple Seconds
This places the Invoke in Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode, which means that any other Bluetooth source devices in-range of the speaker will be able to see and connect to it when pairing. The lights on the top of the speaker form a left-right rotating pattern of white, as shown in the next picture.
The Harman Kardon Invoke should then play a chord and announce, in our case, “Ready to pair.
When you hear that, go to Bluetooth settings on your phone or PC, and select the speaker. Our Invoke advertises itself as ”Tom’s Invoke 1”
Further, while the speaker is talking, the lights ramp up to a brighter white and blue pattern, as shown in the next picture.
Skip ahead to the next step if you really want to continue with pairing.
However, if you decide at this point not to pair the speaker, you may tap the Bluetooth pairing button again. This takes the Invoke back out of pairing mode, putting it back into normal Cortana operational mode. The lights on the top go out when the speaker returns to listening for requests, as shown next.
Jump back up to step one and start from their if you subsequently wish to complete speaker Bluetooth pairing.
3. Look for the Harman Kardon Invoke on the Device you’re Pairing with It
In our case, we’re pairing our Apple iPad tablet with our HK Invoke speaker. Notice in the next picture that we’ve entered the Bluetooth Settings screen on our iPad, and found the speaker, named “Tom’s Invoke 1,” as shown circled in purple. Yours will likely have a different name.
4. Tap the Entry for the Speaker, to Continue with Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing
You will then see the Allow Contacts and Favorites Sync dialog box displayed, as shown in the next picture.
5. Tap either the Allow or the Don’t Allow Link
The Invoke Harman Kardon Invoke speaker doesn’t care either way, since it does nothing with contacts and favorites as a Bluetooth speaker.
Once the Contacts and Favorites dialog box goes away, the pairing should then complete within a few seconds.
Then, if all went well, you’ll see that your speaker is now connected via Bluetooth, as we saw in the next picture from our iPad.
6. Done with Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing !
Now, you can play audio from your source pairing device. Note that the lights on the top of Invoke go out completely once successful pairing has occurred, as shown next.
When finished using the Harman Kardan Invoke as a Bluetooth speaker, you may unpair it.
Related Posts to Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing
- Flip 2 JBL Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Xtreme JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
Other Posts About the Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker
- Reconnecting WiFi on Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker
- How to Change Wi-Fi Network on Harman Kardon Invoke Microsoft Cortana Smart Speaker
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke, Hard Factory Reset
- Where is Reset Button on Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- Harman Kardon Invoke Picture Gallery
- Power Cord Specs for Invoke Harman Kardon Speaker
References for Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing
- 2020-07-29: Originally published.