You may control the volume of the sound output on the Cortana smart speaker by Harman Kardon and Microsoft, in two ways. You can ask it to raise and lower the volume. Or you may rotate the outer ring at the top of the speaker. This post explains how to adjust volume on Microsoft Invoke speaker using both methods.
How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke Speaker with Voice Commands
Precede each command with ‘Hey Cortana”.
- Raise the volume. [Increases the volume by ten percent.]
- Set volume 5. [Adjusts the volume to five percent of max.]
- Adjust volume 45. [Adjusts the volume to forty-five percent of max.]
- Set volume 10. [Sets the volume to ten percent of max.]
- Lower the volume. [Lowers the volume by ten percent.]
- Set volume 100. [Sets the volume to maximum output.]
- Set the volume to 0. [Sets the volume to minimum.]
How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke Speaker with the Volume Ring
You may also adjust the volume as follows. Spin the volume ring at the top outer edge of the speaker. We point at this with the purple arrow in the picture above.
Turning the ring left lowers the volume in ten percent steps, until you reach zero volume (mute). Spinning the ring to the right steps up the volume to max (full), again, in roughly five percent steps.
The light pattern across the top of the speaker increases and decreases in size, according to increases and decreases in volume, as shown next. The light pattern shows, proportionately, the volume level. A fully lighted circle means full volume. A circle with just one light lit, means the volume is set to lowest value.
We know of no way to adjust the volume in the Cortana app from your mobile device at the moment. Hoping for this feature comes soon. To change the volume, you must either rotate the ring on the physical speaker, or command it to do so with your voice.
Related Posts to How to Adjust Volume on the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- Adjusting Volume on JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- How to Adjust Volume on Google Home Mini
- Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- Adjust Volume on Amazon Echo 1st Gen, How To
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 4 BT Speaker
Other Posts About the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker as a Bluetooth Speaker
- Reconnecting to Wi-Fi on the Harman Kardon Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- How to Reboot the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- Demo of Unboxing the Microsoft Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- Pairing the Victor Reader Trek Player with a Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke
- 2020-05-07: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-11: Added key phrase targeting, more tags, and removed ad code.
- 2017-11-23: Originally published.