The only time you can manually set the time and date on the Honeywell RTH9580WF (or any of the 9000 series color touchscreen models), is when the thermostat is not connected to Wi-Fi (the internet). When it is connected, it gets the time and date from the internet, and so, you cannot set it yourself. But when it is disconnected, you can, and this piece details how to do that.
1. Bring up the thermostat’s home screen. Note how it looks in the next picture, when the thermostat is disconnected from the internet. No outdoor temperature and outdoor humidity display in this case. It is ONLY in this case, that you can change the time and date manually.
2. Tap the Time/Date square where the pink arrow is pointing in the previous picture.
3. Tap the Set Time button, which brings up the Set Time screen, as shown next.
4. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to set the time, beside each of the Hour, Minute, and AM/PM fields. The arrows beside the Hour field increase or decrease the hour number when pressed. So too do the arrows near the Minute field, for the minute value. And finally, the AM/PM arrows change the setting of this field from AM to PM and back again.
5. When the correct time is displayed, press the Done button. This returns you to the Time / Date screen, as shown next.
6. Tap the Set Date button, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the previous picture. This brings up the Set Date screen, as shown next.
7. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to set the date, beside each of the Month, Day, and Year fields. The arrows beside the Month field increase or decrease the Month number when pressed, as do the arrows near the Day-of-the-month field, and the Year value.
8. When the correct date is displayed, press the Done button. This returns you to the Time / Date screen, as shown next.
9. Tap the Previous Menu button. This takes you back to the Home screen, as shown next. note that the displayed time and date now appear here as you set them.
10. You’re done! The thermostat day and time have now been manually set successfully. However, remember that if you connect the RTH9580WF to the internet, it will erase your manual date / time settings, and update them to the current date and time as provided by internet time servers.
- Change WiFi Network on Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Fixing WiFi Problems on Honeywell RTH9580WF Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Color Screen Thermostat Review
- Honeywell Smart WiFi Thermostat Manual RTH9580WF
- How to Register Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat Online for Remote Control, RTH9580WF
- How to Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF to Factory Default
- How to Unregister Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Setting Temperature Differential, Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Honeywell RTH9580WF not updating time from ThermostatForums.com
- User Guide for the RTH9580WF Thermostat from Honeywell
- 2017-03-03: Originally published.