Here we explain how to charge / recharge the JBL Boombox 2 Bluetooth speaker for fast recharging by way of its hidden DC input port in the back of the unit, discussed below.
Summary of How to Charge the JBL Boombox 2 Wireless Speaker
In short, first, we suggest that you recharge the Boombox 2 with the included charger from JBL. Why? Because this charger meets the speaker’s electrical needs and is in fact, as checked by JBL. Indeed, JBL must feel that this is a well-matched charger since they include it with the speaker. So, we would not use any cheaper grade adapter here. But we admit that in a pinch, you could recharge the speaker with other non JBL wall chargers. But we won’t elaborate on those options here.
So it’s time to charge the Boombox 2 when the battery status meter shows a single blinking red light.
When you see that red glow while playing the speaker, connect the black barrel DC plug included with the speaker between the speaker and that AC adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet to recharge the JBL Boombox 2 to full.
Finally after six and a half hours, this speaker fully recharges. Then, you’ll be able to play it again for roughly 24 hours before you have to charge it again.
How to Charge the JBL Boombox 2 Speaker, Step-by-Step
1. For Best Results, Use the Power Adapter Provided
As we said above, we use the JBL wall charger AC adapter included with the speaker, as shown next.
2. Open the Port Cover on the Speaker
Find the connections port door on the back of the Boombox as shown next.
Pry open the port cover, pulling the door out toward you and then down. This exposes the DC input charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug in the DC Power Cord to Continue with How to Charge the JBL Boombox 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Then, plug the barrel male end of the wall adapter’s charge cord into the matching DC input port on the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the AC Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Boombox and the JBL AC adapter are connected, we plug the charger into a working AC outlet, as shown next.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights up on the Boombox when you apply DC input power. There are five lamps on this speaker that light in succession as internal battery charging progresses.
5. Allow the JBL Boombox to Charge Until All Battery Power Lights Go Out
Battery recharge is almost done when all but the top of the battery gauge blinks.
This picture shows the gauge displaying fifty percent full charge.
The battery charge cycle wraps up when the entire battery status gauge goes dark, as shown next.
6. Unplug the DC Charging Cable from the Wall Outlet and Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Boombox 2 Speaker
7. Fully Close the Port Door
Note that unless this power port opening flap is tightly shut and thus, a good seal made, water could seep into the connector ports area. Then, this could damage the components inside the speaker. Thus take special care to properly seat the port door, to get full water resistance protection while not charging.
See how this port door looks when fully closed and sealed in the next picture.
8. Done with How to Charge the JBL Boombox 2 !
We have now fully charged our boombox 2. Note that the battery charge meter just after turning on the speaker after a full recharge. The entire meter bar lights, meaning that the battery is now fully charged, as we see in the next picture.
Repeat recharging every twenty-four hours of music play, to keep the battery in good shape. In fact, we charge ours when the battery status gauge is dark except for the very bottom, and we do so right away.
Related Posts to How to Charge JBL Boombox 2
- How to Charge JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Charge a Sony Speaker
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions
- How to Charge Sony SRS XB13 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Charge 3 Wireless Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Boombox 2 Power Bank Speaker
- How to Make JBL Boombox 2 Discoverable
- JBL Boombox 2 Charge Time for Full Recharging
- The PartyBoost Button on the JBL Boombox 2 BT Speaker
- JBL Boombox 2 Bluetooth Pairing Tips
- How to Factory Reset JBL Boombox 2
References for JBL Boombox Charging Instructions
- 2022-08-14: First published.