First, you can charge JBL Clip 3 wireless Bluetooth speakers conveniently via the hidden USB charge port. Here, we go over how to charge JBL Clip 3 wireless Bluetooth speakers.
In short: Choose an adequate USB charging adapter. Why this? Because the Clip 3 does not come with this as a standard accessory.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cable between the Clip 3 and that adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet. Finally after a few hours, your JBL Clip 3 speaker fully charges, and you’ll be able to play it again for up to ten hours before needing to charge it again.
How to Charge JBL Clip 3 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
1. Choose Right Size Power Adapter
Now in this demo, we use the RavPower 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next. Since the JBL Clip 3 requires 5 volts at 600 milliamps to charge fully, this adapter is indeed beefy enough for the job.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Clip 3
Then, use a penny or a dime to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the Clip 3. This exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Clip 3
Next, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port in the Clip3 , as shown next.
4. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into your USB Power Adapter
Then, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter, as pictured next. In this demo, we’re using a RavPower 24 Watt USB power adapter and a black Amazon USB charge / data cable.
5. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Clip 3 and our RavPower USB adapter are connected, we plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we’ve plugged ours into a surge protector power strip.
The status lamp lights up solid red on the Clip 3 when you apply enough USB power. There is no battery status gauge that shows percentage of charge. The red lamp means that charging is in progress, and it goes out when charging completes. However, there’s no way to tell how far along the charging is on this speaker model.
6. Let the Clip 3 Charge Until the Red Light Go Out
Battery charging is complete when the solid red lamp goes dark, as shown next.
7. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Clip 3
8. Fully Close the Waterproof Port Door
Note that unless this flap is snapped securely and completely in place, water could enter the port area, possibly damaging the Flip 4 electronics inside. So, be sure to press the port door closed with enough force to properly seat it, for full water resistance.
9. Done with How to Charge the JBL Clip 3 !
Finally, we have now fully charged our JBL Clip 3 wireless Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this process every ten to twelve hours of music play through the Clip 3. Why? Because this helps keep its battery in top condition.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3 Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 3 is Charging
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Button Location, Where Is It?
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with Echo Dot Speakers
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Charge the JBL Clip 3
- JBL Clip 3 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- Anker USB Charger, Dual Port, 24 Watt Wall Adapter Review
- How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
References for How to Charge JBL Clip 3
- 2020-04-20: Added tags.
- 2019-03-12: Shortened post URL.
- 2018-06-03: First published.