Here, we cover how to charge JBL Flip 2 portable Bluetooth speakers. Indeed, you can charge JBL Flip 2 wireless speakers easily through their exposed USB charge ports. To summarize: First, select an adequate USB power adapter. Why this? Because the Flip 2 does not come with this standard.
Plus, the Flip 2 needs a medium power USB power source to charge fully in the least amount time. Next, connect a micro USB cable between the Flip 2 and that adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet. Finally after a few to four hours, your JBL speaker will fully recharge. Then, you’ll be able to play it again for up to four hours at middle volume levels, before you must charge it again.
How to Charge JBL Flip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
1. Choose Right Size Power Adapter
In this JBL Flip 2 charging demo, we’re using the RavPower 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next.
2. Find the USB Charge Port on the JBL Flip 2
Find the micro USB charging port on the port side of the speaker, as shown next. Unlike the later models of the Flip speaker, the USB charge port on the JBL Flip 2 is exposed. Not hidden behind any waterproofing hatch.
3. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Flip 2 to Continue with How to Charge JBL Flip 2
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cord into the matching micro USB port in the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into your USB Power Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter, as shown next.
5. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Flip 2 and our RavPower adapter are connected together, we plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we’ve plugged ours into a surge protector power strip. Plus, we ran our speaker completely dead before this demo.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights up and blinks on the Flip 2 when you apply enough USB power, and its battery has discharged completely.
Further, there are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture.
6. Let the Flip 2 Charge Until All Battery Power Lights Go Out to Continue with How to Charge JBL Flip 2
Charging is done when all of the battery status lights glow solid. None flashing.
7. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Flip 2
As soon as practical, disconnect the charge cable from the speaker after charging completes. We suggest against leaving the speaker connected to AC power, to preserve battery recharging ability.
8. Done with How to Charge JBL Flip 2 !
We have now fully charged our JBL Flip 2 portable Bluetooth speaker. Note that the battery charge status gage just after turning on the Flip 2 after a full recharge. All lamps are aglow as shown in the step 6 pictures above. This means that the speaker battery is fully charged.
9. Repeat Battery Recharging as Needed
Repeat this charging process every three to five hours of music play through the Flip 2, to keep its battery in top condition. We charge ours when the battery status gage lights show only one light glowing, as shown next.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 2 Speaker
- JBL Flip 2 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- How to Charge JBL Flip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
- JBL Flip 2 Review and Features of this Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
Related Posts to How to Charge JBL Flip 2
- How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 How to Charge Fully, Recharge
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- Charging JBL Flip 5 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Charge JBL Flip 2
- JBL Flip 2 Portable Speaker Product Page, on JBL.com
- Flip 2 JBL Speaker Troubleshooting, on iFixIt.com
- 2020-04-20: Added tags.
- 2019-04-11: Removed ad code and shortened post URL.
- 2018-06-10: First published.