Here’s how to charge JBL Xtreme 3 portable BT speaker through its protected-against-moisture USB-C power port and the included 5, 9, 12, 15, 20 volt power adapter. Follow these tips, and you’ll likely never see that the speaker won’t charge. If all components are working properly, it will always recharge.
How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3 Summary
In short, first, we suggest that you charge this speaker with the included JBL charger. Why? Because this charger meets the speaker’s needs, and is provided by JBL besides. Presumably, JBL thinks that this is a well-matched charger. After all, they do package it with this speaker. So, we won’t buck any systems here. That is, we will indeed use that AC adapter. But in a bind, you could fully charge the Xtreme 3 with other vendors’ wall chargers. But we won’t discuss those options here.
Note that it’s time to charge this speaker when the battery status gauge shows a single flashing red light. See the location of the speaker’s battery indicator gauge in the next picture.
When this gauge shows blinking red, plug the USB-C charge cord into the speaker. Then, plug the charger into a working wall outlet. Don’t worry though about having to wait for the speaker to fully recharge before you can play it again. The Xtreme 3 will indeed play while charging, although it might take slightly longer to charge when played at high volumes.
Finally after several hours, the speaker fully recharges. Then, play it for roughly fifteen hours before you have to charge it again.
How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3, Step by Step
1. For Best Results, Use the Included Power Adapter
As mentioned above, we use the JBL wall charger that comes with this speaker, as shown next.
2. Open the Speaker Charging Port Cover
Stick a coin or blunt straight screwdriver into the slot at the top of the port door, and pry it open. This exposes the USB power out and charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug the DC Power Cord into the Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3
Then, plug the USB-C end of the wall adapter’s cord into the matching input port on the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the AC Power Adapter into a Working Power Outlet
Now that the Xtreme 3 and its JBL AC adapter are connected, we plug the charger into a functioning AC outlet, as shown next.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights on the speaker when everything is working correctly. Five lamps on this speaker light in succession as battery charge progresses.
5. Allow the JBL Xtreme 3 to Charge Until the Entire Battery Gauge Goes Dark
Battery charging is almost done when only the very top part of the battery meter flashes. That then blinks for several minutes more to top off the charge, as we see next.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next.
6. Unplug the USB-C Cable from the Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3
7. Next, Snap Shut the Port Door
Note that unless you fully close this door, water might enter the connector area. It could then damage the electronic parts inside. So, take care to fully close this port door to get the fullest water resistance.
See how this port door looks when fully closed and sealed in the next picture.
8. Done with How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3 !
We have now fully charged the Xtreme 3 portable BT speaker. Note that the battery charge meter just after turning on the speaker after a full recharge. All lamps glow, meaning that the speaker is fully charged.
Repeat this process every fifteen hours of music play to keep its battery in good condition. We charge ours when the battery status gauge lights show just one lamp glowing.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 3 Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 3 Charge Time to Fully Recharge
- How to Use the JBL Xtreme 3 PartyBoost Button
- Bluetooth Pairing Help for the JBL Xtreme 3
- Factory Resetting JBL Xtreme 3 BT Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 3 Not Charging, How to Repair
Related Posts to How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3
- How to Charge JBL Flip 6 BT Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Pulse 3 Portable Speaker
- Charging Tips for the JBL Clip 4 Speaker
- How to Charge the JBL Boombox 2 BT Speaker
- Recharging JBL Flip 5 Wireless Speaker, Tips and Help
References for How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3 Portable Speaker
- 2022-08-15: First posted.