This piece covers how to charge the Sony SRS XB10 extra bass portable Bluetooth speaker. Do this easily through the USB power in port, behind the water resistant door, shown in the pictures below. Note that you can still play your XB10 while it charges.
First, pick a strong enough USB power adapter, as no charger comes with the Sony SRS XB10. Next, connect a medium to high current micro USB charge cable between the speaker and that adapter. Then, plug the charger into a working wall outlet. Then after four to five hours, your XB10 finishes charging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to sixteen (16) hours before needing another recharge.
How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Mini Portable Speaker
1. Choose Correctly Sized AC or Car Adapter
The charger you use should provide 5 volts and at least 0.5 amps (2.5 watts). Here, we use a Key Power model HDD15-3-PD USB power delivery system. Now as mentioned, this speaker needs 5 volts at roughly 0.5 amps to recharge fully. So the Key Power gives way more than enough current to do the job.
2. Open the Port Cover on the Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
Use a fingernail, dime, penny, or small screwdriver to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the XB10. See the closed power port door in the next picture. Be careful not to scratch the delicate seal around the inside edge of this door.
Prying open this door exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Power OFF the Unit to Continue with How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
Note that the SRSXB10 still charges when powered ON. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging capacity your charger delivers, The speaker might charge a little faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug the Micro USB Cord into the Speaker
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port, as seen in the next shot.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB power cable to the power adapter.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Functioning Wall Receptacle to Continue with How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Portable Speaker
Now that we connected the XB10 and our adapter, we then plug the mains end of the adapter into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We plugged ours into a surge protecting power strip.
The status lamp lights up solid red on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the red lamp means that charging is occurring, as shown next.
7. Let the XB10 Charge Until the Red Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is finished when the solid red status lamp near the bottom of the speaker turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the Speaker, to Continue with How to Charge Sony SRS XB10
9. Fully Close the USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap the port flap securely, water may soak its USB port. And, since water and electronics generally do not mix, getting the port wet might damage the electronics inside. So be sure to press the port door closed with enough force to fully seat it, for maximum water resistance.
10. Done with How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
We have now fully charged our XB10.
Finally, repeat this recharging every sixteen hours of play, to keep the battery in top condition for years.
Other Posts About the SRS XB10 Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Put Sony SRS XB10 in Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB10 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
- Turning On the Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB10, Hard Factory Reset
Related Posts to How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers
- JBL Charge 3 Speaker How to Charge
- How to Charge Logitech Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Charge 5 Speaker
References for How to Charge the Sony SRS XB10 Mini Speaker
- 2021-09-21: Added to the internal links and tags lists.
- 2020-08-19: First published.