This piece covers how to charge the Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth speaker. Do this easily through either the micro USB power in port or the barrel style DC input ports shown in the pictures below. Note that you can still play your XB41 as it recharges, without raising the charging time by too much.
First, for fastest recharging, use the AC adapter that comes with this speaker, or an equivalent. Or, your second best option is to use a USB charger. And if you go with USB, the connect a medium to high current USB cable (one that easily handles 1.5 amps) between the speaker and that adapter. Then, plug the charger into a working wall outlet. Finally, after five to eight hours depending on charger selected, your XB 41 finishes recharging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to twenty-four (24) hours before needing another charge-up.
How to Charge the Sony SRS XB41 Portable Speaker
1. Choose Correct Size AC or Car Adapter
If you want to use a USB charger, then the one you pick should provide 5 volts and at least 0.5 amps (2.5 watts). But for fastest results, use one that can deliver 5 volts at 1.5 amps (7.5 watts). So with that in mind, we use here the Key Power model HDD15-3-PD USB charging station.
Now as we said earlier, this speaker needs roughly one and a half an amps of current for USB charging fully in the shortest time. Thus, we chose this charger, because it supplies way more than enough capacity to do the job. Now you could use a small charger (0.5 amp), but this would increase the recharge time to more than ten (10) hours. Thus, we choose the higher current option.
Finally, we recommend using the supplied 15 watt charger, as it will charge the speaker in around five hours.
2. Power OFF the Unit to Continue with How to Charge the Sony SRS XB41
Note that the SRSXB41 still charges when running. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging headroom that your charger supplies, the speaker might charge a trifle faster when turned OFF.
3. Plug the Micro USB Cord into the Speaker
First, open the water resistant port door.
This exposes the two power input ports as we see in the next shots.
Then, plug the small end of the cable into the port on the back of the speaker, as we see in the next picture.
4. Plug the Other End of the Cable into your Charger Adapter
Next, connect the large end of the cord to the AC or car adapter.
5. Plug the USB Adapter into a Working Wall Receptacle
Now that we connected the XB 41 and our adapter, we then plug the mains end of that power supply into a working AC outlet, as we show next. We connected ours to a power strip surge protector.
The status lamp lights up solid orange on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the glowing CHARGE lamp means that charging is occurring, as shown next.
6. Let the XB41 Charge Until the Orange CHARGE Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is complete when the solid glowing CHARGE lamp on the top panel, behind the Power button turns off, as shown next.
7. Unplug the Micro USB Cord from the Speaker, to Continue with How to Charge Sony SRS XB41
Also, close the port cap to maintain water resistance.
8. Done with How to Recharge the Sony SRS XB41 !
We have now fully charged this Sony Bluetooth speaker.
Finally, repeat this recharging every twenty-four hours of play, or any time the 41` goes dead, to keep the battery in top condition for years to come.
Other Posts About the SRS XB41 Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB41 Battery Indicator, Charging Light
- Charging Time for the Sony SRS XB41 Speaker to Get a Full Recharge
- Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Replacement Charger for the Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- How to Fix the Sony SRS XB41 Not Charging Problem
Related Posts to How to Charge the Sony SRS XB41
- How to Charge a Sony SRS XB33 Speaker
- Charging the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- How to Charge Sony SRS XB23 Bluetooth Speaker
- Charging Tips for the Sony SRS XB20 Speaker
- How to Charge Sony SRS XB01 BT Speaker
References for How to Charge the Sony SRS XB41 BT Speaker
- 2022-08-18: First published.