Covers how to charge a Wonderboom wireless Bluetooth speaker easily. Use the hidden micro USB charge port on the back of the speaker, near the bottom. So here, we run through the charging instructions for this “big sounding” portable speaker.
In short, first select a powerful enough USB power adapter. Why? Because Logitech does not include this with the Wonderboom speaker as a standard accessory. But you can buy one from them for roughly $20 US if you wish.
Then, connect a micro USB charge cord between the Wonderboom speaker and that adapter. Then, plug that power supply into a working AC receptacle.
Finally after a few hours, the speaker fully recharges. Then you can play it again for perhaps ten hours before it needs another charge.
How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker, Step by Step
1. Choose Right Size USB Adapter
First of all, we charge the speaker with the iClever 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next. The Wonderboom speaker needs 5 volts at approximately 0.6 amps to charge fully in a short amount of time. So this iClever USB wall adapter is indeed strong enough to recharge the speaker with lots of energy to spare.
2. Open the Port Cover on the Wonderboom Speaker
Second, use a penny or a dime to pry open the waterproof seal port cover on the WB. This reveals the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Power Off your Speaker to Continue with How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
Next, note that the Wonderboom UE still charges when powered up. But depending on your charger, it may recharge slightly faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Wonderboom
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port. Find the port in the rear of this speaker, as shown next.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into the AC Adapter
Then, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter.
6. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Live Wall Outlet to Continue with How to Charge the Wonderboom Speaker
Now that we connected the speaker and charger, we plug the charger into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we plugged our iClever charger into a wall outlet in our kitchen.
The status lamp in the power button lights a fading and brightening white pattern when you supply enough USB power. While no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the pulsating white lamp means that charging is happening. Then when the speaker is OFF, it goes out when charging completes. If the speaker is ON, this lamp starts glowing a solid white.
7. Let the Speaker Charge Until the the Power Lamp Stops Pulsating
Battery charging is done when the gradually brightening and fading power lamp stops pulsating.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable
9. Fully Close the USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap this port door tightly into place, water could enter this area. Then this might damage the electronics inside the speaker. So, be sure to press door closed with firm force to seat it, for full water resistance.
10. Done with How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker !
Finally, we have now fully charged a Wonderboom wireless Bluetooth speaker.
Now for best battery performance, repeat this recharging every ten hours of play time. This keeps the battery in top working order for months to come. Further, don’t let the battery stay dead for very long. Why? Because if it remains dead for too long, it can stay that way even when you try to recharge it.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Connect a Wonderboom Speaker to an iPhone
- Wonderboom Speaker Charger, Which One to Use
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker
- Reset Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
Related Posts to How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers, How To
- How to Charge JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- 2020-06-14 First published.