This post lays out how to connect an iPhone to the JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth party speaker.
How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone, Step by Step
Turn on your JBL Charge 5 speaker and run through this routine to connect it to your iPhone. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo though since we do not have an iPhone to take screenshots from. But the setup pages are roughly the same, and so, the routine works as well on the iPhone.
1. Bring Up the Home Screen on your iPhone
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iPadOS home screen as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is ON here. But since the Charge 5 is currently switched OFF, it does not show up in the Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never joined this speaker with this device prior. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Charge 5 Power Bank Speaker
Turn on the unit by quickly pressing its Power button. The green arrow points this out in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since an iPhone would not know about this speaker if never paired to it before, this JBL speaker will not connect with the iPhone automatically. The dark Bluetooth switch denotes this not-paired state.
6. Put the JBL Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Charge 4 on your iPhone, place the speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the JBL Charge 5 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, that button starts flashing white.
7. Find your Speaker in the Other Devices List, to Continue with How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our Charge 5, as pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
8. Pair with your JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list.
Your iPhone then pairs with the JBL Charge 5 (“JBL Charge 5” in this demo).
Then, the iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone !
Finally, we have now successfully connected this BT speaker with an iPhone. Thus, you can now play music, and hear it through this speaker.
Related Posts to How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone
- Connecting JBL Charge 4 to iPhone
- How to Connect UE Wonderboom 2 with iPhone
- Connecting UE Wonderboom with iPhone
- How to Connect JBL Flip 2 to iPhone
- Connecting JBL Flip 3 to iPhone, How To
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 5 BT Speaker
- JBL Charge 5 Factory Reset Instructions
- Finding JBL Charge 5 Firmware Version on Speaker
- JBL Charge 5 Won’t Turn On – How to Fix
- JBL Charge 5 Buttons, Codes, Combinations, Meanings
- How to Put JBL Charge 5 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Connect JBL Charge 5 to iPhone
- How do I Connect my iPhone to the JBL Speaker? from Apple Support
- JBL Charge 5 Official Product Page at JBL.com
- 2020-08-10: First published.