This post shows how to connect the JBL Xtreme 2 with an iPhone, a none too complicated process once you know how to get to the various iPhone screens.
Begin this routine with your speaker shut off (Power button dark).
We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this demo. However, pairing is nearly the same for all the other iOS devices, although the screen arrangements may be somewhat different on an iPhone.
How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 with iPhone
1. Visit the Home Screen on the iPhone
Bring up the Home screen. See our Home screen as pictured next.
2. Find the iPhone Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then draws the first page of its Settings screen.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 to iPhone
Tap the Bluetooth item.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then comes up as we show in the next picture. Note that our Bluetooth is switched ON. But since our JBL Xtreme speaker is currently OFF, it does not appear in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists just yet. How come? Because we’ve never paired it with this mobile device before. And besides, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its connection information, as it is OFF. See this, as shown next.
5. Turn On your Speaker
Turn on this speaker by gently but rapidly depressing its Power button. See the Power button on this speaker pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then comes to life.
But since the iPhone you’re connecting probably does not know about this speaker, the Xtreme 2 will not pair with it by itself. The light that brightens in the Power switch advertises this not-paired situation by glowing white.
6. Put your JBL Bluetooth Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Xtreme speaker on your iPhone, enter the speaker into Bluetooth Discovery mode. To do that, depress and release the Bluetooth button on the speaker, as highlighted in the next picture. It’s the raised switch on the left top portion of the Xtreme JBL, in the shape of the Bluetooth logo.
When you depress this button, the speaker plays a single repeating guitar pluck sound a few times. Plus, the Power button goes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this in the next photo.
To make simpler the following screenshots, we’ve removed from our mobile device some of the Bluetooth devices not needed to make the points in this exercise.
7. Find your JBL Xtreme 2 on your iPhone to Continue with How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 to iPhone
See the screenshot next. We found ours, as pointed at by the green arrow, as seen next.
8. Pair iPhone with your Xtreme 2 Portable Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your iPhone then pairs with the Xtreme 2 (appears as “JBL Xtreme 2” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the Xtreme 2 JBL speaker now shows as connected, as seen inside the green oval in the previous screenshot.
9. Done with How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 to iPhone !
We have now successfully paired our JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker with our mobile iOS device. Hopefully, your experience connecting it to your iPhone went as smoothly.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Power Bank Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme 2
- JBL Xtreme 2 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 2 Low Frequency Mode, Switch ON and OFF
- JBL Xtreme 2 Battery Life, How Long Battery Should Last
Related Posts to How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 to iPhone
- How to Connect Sharp Aquos TV to WiFi
- How to Connect Echo Dot to WiFi
- Connect Pandora to Echo Dot, How To
- How to Connect Amazon Dot to Spotify
- Connect Google Home Mini to Bluetooth Speakers, How To
References for How to Connect JBL Xtreme 2 to iPhone
- JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Power Bank Speaker Product Page on JBL.com
- Apple iPhone Official Product Page, on Apple.com
- 2020-08-10: First published.