This post shows how to connect a Sony SRS X11 ultra portable Bluetooth speaker to an iPhone smart phone. Doing so gives you a bigger, and distinctly better sound when you stream music from the iPhone to speakers like this one.
How to Connect Sony SRS X11 Speaker to iPhone, Step by Step Procedure
With the X11 switched OFF (power button is dark), run through this routine to connect it to your iPhone mobile device. For this demo, the test phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press and release the side button (right edge of the phone) and enter your passcode or Face Id to bring up the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
Next, flip through the Home screen pages until you find the Settings app. We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Option to Continue with How to Connect Sony SRS X11 Speaker to iPhone
Tap the Bluetooth item on the Settings page.
Then you get the Bluetooth Settings screen, as we show next.
Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since our test Sony SRS X11 speaker is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPhone before.
5. Turn On your Speaker
Turn on the X 11 by pressing its Power-Pairing button. E.g. See this, pointed at by the yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then boots up, and the white Status light comes on, as we see in the next picture.
Also, this lamp may blink in some pattern to show that the speaker is ready to respond to a Bluetooth pairing request. Or it may glow solidly, meaning that the speaker paired with some nearby device upon startup. In either case though, continue on with this routine.
If this lamp flashes slowly, then it’s passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in. But if it blinks in a fast flashing pattern, then the speaker is broadcasting its connection information over Bluetooth so other devices can find and link it. I.e. The speaker is already in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone does not know about this speaker since we’ve never connected the two together before, this test speaker will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the X11 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode by now. To do that, press the Power-Pairing button. Hold it in until the X11 emits two high beeps and the Status light starts fast flashing. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp starts its rapid pulsing, as we saw in the last picture.
7. Find the Speaker on your Phone to Continue with How to Connect Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as shown next.
8. Connect with the X11
Tap the listed speaker in the DEVICES list.
The iPhone then pairs with the test speaker here.
I.e. The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-paired Sony SRS X11 entry, as we point out with the green arrow next.
9. Done with How to Connect Sony SRS X11 to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully connected the X11 test speaker with a popular iPhone.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS X11 Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Buttons Explained
- Turning Off the Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS X11 is Charging
- How to Put This Speaker in Pairing Mode
- Checking Battery Life on the X11
Related Posts to How to Connect Sony SRS X11 Speaker to an iPhone
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB01 to iPhone
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB20 to iPhone
- Connecting the Sony SRS XB21 Speaker to an iPhone
- Sony SRS XB22 Bluetooth Speaker How to Connect to an iPhone
- Connecting a Sony SRS XB23 Cylinder to iPhone
- 2021-10-04: First published.