This post covers how to connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom, to get your speaker playing music from your phone, tablet, computer, or other Bluetooth source device. First, of course, for new speakers, unpack them. Then make sure that they have some charge in their batteries. Then, with your speaker turned OFF (all dark top panel LEDs), follow these steps to set it up with most any BT source device. Now in this demo, we show how this setup works on an iPad Air tablet. But a like routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too.
How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom, Step by Step
1. Unpack and Charge the Speaker Before Connecting to It
For detailed charging instructions, see our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions post.
2. Next, Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on an Apple iPad.
3. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
4. Bring up the Settings App
Then, tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad then shows the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
5. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
Next, tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as seen in the next screenshot.
Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the speaker is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never connected it with this iPad before. Furthermore, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info.
Note in this picture that no Ultimate Ears Wonderboom appears just yet.
6. Turn On your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
Turn on the speaker by fast pressing its Power button.
See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom then comes on, letting you know this by making a cute startup sound.
7. Put your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom into Bluetooth Connect Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPad Air, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture above. The flashing means that your speaker is ready to accept connect requests from nearby Bluetooth devices. In this mode, the speaker broadcasts its name and connection information over the Bluetooth airwaves.
8. Find your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
9. Connect with your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then connects with the speaker (appears as “WONDERBOOM” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as connected, as circled inside the green oval in the last picture.
10. Done with How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom !
We have now successfully connected the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker to an iPad Air tablet. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this speaker, which is what you want. Bluetooth connecting like this works with most other Bluetooth source devices as well.
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- How to Charge Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Buttons Guide, How to Use
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- How to Connect iPhone to JBL Flip 4
- Solving Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Connection Problems
- Connect Alexa to New WiFi, How To
- How to Connect Google Mini to Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect Amazon Echo to Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
Revisions and Changes
- 2020-06-07: First released.