This post demos how to connect the Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth speaker to Alexa Echo devices. We use an Echo Input Alexa device in this demo, and since this Bluetooth connecting happens between the speaker and the Alexa Input directly, you need not turn Bluetooth on in the mobile device you’re using to set up this link.
How to Connect Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Speaeker to Alexa Echo Devices
Start with your Wonderboom 2 speaker powered OFF. Then run through this routine to connect it to the Alexa Echo device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet to set up this linkage.
1. Find the Alexa app on your Mobile Device
We found the app on an iPadOS iPad Air as shown in the next screenshot. In our case, the Alexa app is on the third home screen page. It’s pointed at by the blue arrow.
2. Run the Alexa App
The app displays its Home screen as shown in the next screenshot.
3. Tap the More (Hamburger) Control
Find the hamburger item in the lower right corner of the screen. This is pointed at by the green arrow in the last screenshot. You may find this control near the top LEFT corner of the page if you’re running an older version of the Alexa app.
This brings up the Alexa app’s main menu, as shown in the next screenshot.
4. Tap the Settings Option on the Main Menu to Continue with How to Connect the Wonderboom 2 Portable Speaker with Alexa
The Settings option is pointed at by the green arrow in the last screenshot.
This brings up the Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot.
From here, choose which Alexa device you wish to connect to your Wonderboom 2. The green arrow in the next picture points at our choice, the Thomas’s Echo Input device.
5. Tap the Alexa Echo Input Device you Want to Connect
This takes you to the device-specific settings screen for the Echo Input you picked.
6. Tap the Bluetooth Devices Item
Find the Bluetooth Devices menu item pointed at by the green arrow in the last screenshot.
This brings up the Bluetooth Devices screen, as shown next.
At this point, you’re ready to start a Bluetooth scan by the Echo Input you just chose for this connection. In our demo here, our Alexa Input will be the one that scans for Bluetooth devices.
But don’t press the Pair a New Device button just yet. We must first power up the Wonderboom 2, and put it into pairing mode.
7. Turn On your Wireless Speaker to Continue with How to Connect Wonderboom 2 to Alexa Echo
Put down your mobile device for a moment, and turn on your BT speaker. In this demo, we’re pairing with a JBL Flip 5. So in our case, we turn the speaker on by quickly pressing its Power button. See this button pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture. Your Power button may look similar.
The speaker then powers up.
But since our Amazon Input device does not know about this speaker yet, this BT speaker will not connect with it automatically. Thus, the Bluetooth light that shows as dark after you power up this speaker. Note that your particular speaker may show this non paired state differently.
8. Put your Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to allow Alexa Input to find your speaker, place that speaker in Bluetooth discovery mode by pressing, holding for one to three seconds, and releasing the Bluetooth button. Find this button circled in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Pairing Mode button, the Wonderboom 2 makes a cool noise noise to let you know that it’s ready to pair. Also, the Pairing button flashes to signify that the speaker is in pairing-discovery mode.
9. Now, Go Back to your Mobile Device
The screen with the blue Pair a New Device button should still be showing, as in the next screenshot.
10. Tap the Blue Pair a New Device Button to Continue with How to Connect the Wonderboom 2 to Alexa Echo Devices
This starts our Echo Input scanning for any nearby BT devices that are themselves in pairing mode. Since your speaker is now in this discovery mode, the Alexa device should find it.
After a short pause, you should see something like the screen we got. Shown next.
In our demo, the Alexa app found our speaker, named WONDERBOOM 2.
11. Find your Wonderboom 2 on the Discovered Devices List
Then, we located our speaker in the list, as pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture above.
12. Finally, Connect your Wonderboom 2 with your Echo Alexa Device
Connect to the WB-2 by tapping the listed speaker in the Bluetooth Setup screen, shown in the last screenshot above.
The Alexa device then connects with the speaker, as shown next.
13. Tap the Cancel Link
Next, touch the blue CANCEL link just under the blue bar, as pointed out by the green arrow in the last picture.
The app then takes you back to the Device Settings page for the Echo Input, as shown next.
Also, the Wonderboom 2 then makes a Speaker Paired sound (the two ascending blunk tones).
The Wonderboom 2 is now connected with the Alexa Echo device.
13. Done with How to Connect Wonderboom 2 with Alexa Echo Devices !
We have now successfully connected our WB-2 speaker with an Alexa Echo Input. So we can now ask Alexa to play music or any other streaming audio through the Wonderboom 2.
Other Posts About Amazon Alexa Echo Input
- Amazon Echo Input Setup Instructions for this Alexa
- Echo Input Reset Instructions, Hard Factory Reset
Related Posts to How to Connect Wonderboom 2 to Alexa
- How to Connect JBL Charge 3 to Alexa
- How to Connect JBL Charge 4 to Alexa
- Connecting JBL Flip 3 to Alexa
- How to Connect a Sharp Aquos TV to WiFi
- Connecting to WiFi on the Denon S 32 Internet Radio
- JBL Charge 3 Bass Boost Mode, More Bass
- How to Set Up Google Home Speaker
- How do I Connect Alexa to the Internet
- Thermostat Reads Higher than Actual Temperature
- How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Factory
References for How to Connect Wonderboom 2 to Alexa
- 2021-09-10: Added the Suggested Reading section.
- 2020-09-02: First published.