Here, we cover how to disconnect Spotify from Google Home speakers. You may wish remove or delete your Spotify account from Google Home either because:
- You’ve cancelled your Spotify subscription, and just want to get rid of its remnants from your Home app settings, to cut clutter.
- You’re giving the device to your parent, and wish to prevent him / her from learning what you listen to on Spotify. Yet you still wish to allow access to other music services set up on your Google account.
- You like different versions of music than what Spotify has, and so, you temporarily wish to disconnect Spotify from your list of searchable music sources. Then, the songs you request will not be found by Google Home on Spotify, but instead, on one or more of your other active music services, which DO offer your desired song versions.
How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home: Before you Start Steps
These instructions assume that you’ve previously set up and connected a Spotify account to your Google Home assistant. If not, then you do not yet need this info. But if so, then read on.
So, to get your mobile device ready to do this, please install the Google Home app and connect to the Google account on which the Spotify account you wish to disconnect is set up. Then, run through the following routine:
How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home
1. Find the Google Home App on your Tablet
On an iOS iPad, we find this app on page three of the Home screen, as shown in the next picture by the pink arrow.
2. Run the Home App
Tap the Home app icon.
Then, after a short pause, the app displays its Home screen, as shown next.
3. Tap the Hamburger Link
Found in the top left corner of the app’s Home screen, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the last picture. The Home app then displays its main menu, as shown next.
4. Tap the Music Link on the Main Menu Screen to Continue with How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home
Find this link, pointed at by the pink arrow in the last pic.
The Music Service Choices screen then appears, as shown below.
5. Tap the Unlink item in the Music Services list for Spotify
This is shown in the last picture.
Then, you get the Spotify Disconnect Confirmation screen as shown next.
6. Finally, tap the UNLINK Button
Find that in the confirmation window shown above, as pointed at by the pink arrow. This removes your Spotify account information from the Google Home app and associated speaker devices. Then it takes you back to the Music Service Choices screen, as displayed in the next step.
If however, you get an error message, someone else, who shares your Google account, may have already deleted your Spotify profile from it for you. If concerned, check with anyone who has access, just to be sure that the information was not removed due to any sort of security breach.
7. Check that the Google Spotify Music Service is Now Disconnected from your Spotify Account
On the Music Service Choices screen, find the Spotify entry and look just beneath it. If you see a blue LINK option, then your Spotify account information has indeed been successfully purged from Google Home. See the next picture for the location of that link, as pointed out by the pink arrow.
But if this link still displays as UNLINK, then the info was not removed. In that case, jump back up to step 1, and try running through this routine again, paying close attention to any error messages that might appear along the way.
You can also check that your Google Home speakers no longer play music on Spotify, by asking for a song through it, from Spotify. For example, try something like
“Okay Google, play Christmas Medley by Neil Diamond on Spotify.”
If your Spotify account has indeed been disconnected from the Google Home assistant, she’ll answer you by saying something like,
“Your music account needs to be linked first. You can do that in the Google Home app.”
8. Done with How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home!
But if you decide otherwise, and would like to connect Spotify on your Google smart speakers again, then simply add back your Spotify account info into Google Home.
Happy Spotify listening !
Other Posts About Spotify
- Google Home Spotify Commands List
- Echo Spotify Commands for Amazon Echo Speakers
- How to Set Up Spotify on Google Home Mini
- How to Connect Spotify to Alexa Smart Speakers
- Spotify Setup on Amazon Echo Alexa, 2017 Version
Other Posts About Google Home
- Factory Reset Google Home Instructions
- How to Adjust Bass and Treble on Original Google Home Smart Speaker
- Google Home Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions
- How to Turn On Bluetooth Pairing Mode in Google Home Smart Speakers
- Google Home Power Supply Specs for the Original Google Home Smart Speaker
- How to Change Wi-Fi Network on Original Google Home Smart Speaker
- How to Set Sleep Timer on Google Home Speaker
- Google Home Connect to Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Delete Google Home Recordings, How To
- Unboxing Google Home Voice Activated Speaker
- How to Connect Google Home to WiFi
- Connecting Google Home to Honeywell Thermostats
- Google Home Change WiFi Instructions
- How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Google Home
- Google Home AC Adapter Specs, Wall Adapter
- How to Set Default Music Provider on Google Home
- Reboot Google Home Speaker Instructions
- Google Home Equalizer Settings, Adjust Bass Treble
- Where is the Reset Button on Google Home Speaker
- Google Home Setup Instructions
- How to Pair Google Home with Bluetooth Speaker
- Google Home Photos Picture Gallery
- How to Use Google Home as Bluetooth Speaker
- Google Home Vs Alexa Smart Speaker Features
- How to Pair Google Home as Bluetooth Speaker
- Does Google Home Speaker have Bluetooth ?
- How to Play Music from PC on Google Home
- Google Home Spotify Commands List
- Pandora Setup on Google Home Instructions
- Google Home Pairing Instructions for this Smart Speaker
- How to Unlink Pandora from Google Home
- Google Home Speaker Review, Features, Functions
Related Posts to How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home
References for How to Disconnect Spotify from Google Home
- 2020-05-21: First published.