Here, we show how to factory reset the Chromecast Audio receiver. First, a factory reset restores this device to factory default settings. Plus, doing this fixes strange errors you might see from the unit. It also erases any WiFi network info stored on the Chromecast Audio. And finally, it ensures that this streamer will not connect to your Google account when the next owner plugs it in.
How to Factory Reset Chromecast Audio, Step by Step
First, the reset button is on the side of the unit. It’s near the micro USB power port on the top. The blue arrow points to it in the next picture.
Then, you unplug Chromecast Audio from any amps or speakers before hand. Why? Because during reset, this device may make some loud pops and clicks. These sounds could blow speakers and amps, set to higher volume levels.
Note too, that factory resetting unlinks the Chromecast Audio from the WiFi network it was signed into before. It also detaches it from your Google account. Thus, resetting is always a good idea when getting the unit ready for resale or gifting.
So, with the Chromecast running, press and hold the Factory Reset button with a thumb or index finger for three to six seconds. This then starts the process, when the pilot lamp near it turns orange.
Finally, factory reset completes when the light flashes an orange, fading light pattern.
Lastly, you’ll need to set up your Chromecast Audio again, as it will not work until you do.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset Chromecast Audio
- How to Factory Reset Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot Speakers
- How to Factory Reset JBL Charge 4 Speaker
Other Posts About The Google Chromecast Audio Streamer
- How to Adjust Bass Treble on Google Chromecast Audio Streamer
- How to Reboot the Google Chromecast Audio Device
- Google Chromecast Audio USB Power Adapter Specs
- How to Restart Chromecast Audio
References for How to Factory Reset Chromecast Audio
- 2020-12-15: First posted.