Here, we show how to factory reset the Echo Studio speaker, to put it back to factory default settings. So why would you ever want to do this? Well, you may wish to sell or give the unit to another person. Or link it to a new Amazon account. Or connect it to a new WiFi network. In all these cases, factory resetting is the best way to clean out all old account data from this device. Thus, a factory reset gets it ready to use on a new account and / or WiFi network. So to factory reset the speaker, and unpair it from its current Alexa account, run through the routine below.
Do not always factory reset as a first step for fixing strange Echo Studio behavior. Before doing this, try shutting off the speaker by unplugging its power cable either from the wall outlet, or from the unit itself. Then, wait twenty seconds or so. Finally, plug it back in. In fact, rebooting often restores proper working. But if it does not, read on for the proper reset procedure.
Once you factory reset the speaker, you’ll no longer be able to control it from your Amazon account. To get control of it back, run through the Setup procedure again. There, relink the speaker to that account again via the Alexa app.
How to Factory Reset the Echo Studio Speaker
1. Attach Wall Power Cable
First, connect the speaker to its AC power cable, as shown next.
2. Next, Plug the AC Cord into a Working Wall Outlet
See this as shown next.
Then, wait for the unit to finish booting. It’s done booting when either the light ring goes dark, or it begins flashing orange, red, or purple.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Action Button for 5 to 10 Seconds to Continue with How to Factory Reset Echo Studio Speaker
Press the Action button until the light ring turns orange. You should also hear the speaker say that it is entering Setup mode. On this speaker, the Action button doubles as the Reset button, and is pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
4. Finally, What Happens After Factory Reset?
Your Echo Studio is now restored to its factory default settings. It also has entered Setup mode, as shown next.
5. Done with How to Factory Reset the Echo Studio !
Pack it Up or Set Up your Echo Studio Again
You may now give your Studio to another now. Don’t fear that they’ll have access to the settings on your Amazon account though. They won’t.
Or, you can set it up again on your existing account. But if selling, we suggest that you pack the speaker in its original carton. Do this for safest transport through the mail, as shown in the next picture. Then, pack the Echo box in another outer box for further safety.
Other Posts About the Echo Studio Alexa Speaker
- Echo Studio Buttons Guide, Meanings Functions Codes
- How to Adjust Volume on Echo Studio Speaker
- How to Connect Echo Studio to Internet
- Echo Studio Factory Reset Button, Where Is It
- How to Use Echo Studio as Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Reset Echo Studio
- How to Factory Reset JBL Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Charge 3 BT Speaker
- Factory Resetting the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Google Home Mini
References for How to Reset Alexa Echo Studio Smart Speaker
- 2021-08-05: First published.