Here, we go over how to factory reset the JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Factory resetting restores this speaker to its factory default state. Moreover, it clears any prior paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Erasing these stops the Clip 4 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after factory reset. Also, you would do this to get the unit ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from connecting with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Factory Reset a JBL Clip 4, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp lights.
First, find the Power button, as we see in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as the next picture shows.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. Then, the 4 is ready for factory reset after this sound ends.
Now the speaker may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about this Clip. Nonetheless, whether paired or not, the factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together
Find the Volume Up and Bluetooth buttons.
The Volume Up button is on the front of the speaker, near the top, to the right. See it next.
And the Bluetooth button is on the left side of the speaker, as we point out in the next picture.
After you press and hold these two buttons, the speaker then enters its factory reset routine.
Next, after a short pause, the Clip 4 turns off. The status lamp goes dark, and the speaker makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that The Factory Reset of the JBL Clip 4 Did Indeed Work
Next, power on the Clip 4 again, as we did in step 1 above.
Note that after a factory reset, our speaker comes up in pairing / discovery mode. The status lamp fast flashes white to tell us this, and you should now be able to see the speaker in a BT source device when connecting to it.
5. Done with How to Factory Reset a JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth Speaker !
The factory reset is now complete. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair the speaker once more with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the speaker no longer automatically pairs with any previously connected device that is in range and in pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you have to first manually pair the Clip 4 with a device. Finally, after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 4
- JBL Clip 4 Not Charging, How to Fix
- JBL Clip 4 Red Light Stays On – Won’t Turn Off
- How to Turn On JBL Clip 4 Wireless Speaker
- How to Turn Off JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset a JBL Clip 4 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Speaker
- Factory Resetting JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Factory Reset a Sony SRS XG500 Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting the JBL Pulse 3 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Go 2 Portable Speaker
References for How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 4
- 2022-08-05: First published.