Shows how to factory reset the JBL Flip 4 speaker to return it to default factory settings. Factory resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops it from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset the Flip 4 to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 4
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 4
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown above. Here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, and a source device that we’ve paired this unit with before is nearby, the speaker automatically pairs. So the Flip 4 does not enter Bluetooth pairing mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid blue, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The JBL Flip 4 makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it comes on. The Flip is ready for use after this sound finishes up.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Start the Factory Reset
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The Flip 4 JBL then enters factory reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Connect+ and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker shuts off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that Factory Reset of the JBL Flip 4 Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the Flip 4 again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Now this time, after factory reset, the speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to tell you this. When it blinks, this means that the unit is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a factory reset.
5. Done with How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 !
Factory resetting is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 4 with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- JBL Flip 4 Won’t Turn On Unless Plugged In, How to Fix
- How Long the Battery Lasts on the JBL Flip 4 Speaker
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
- JBL Flip 4 Charger Type, Which USB Charger to Use
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 4 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Google Home Mini
- Factory Resetting the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Netgear Extender
- Factory Reset of the JBL Charge 4 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot Speakers
References for How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 4
- 2021-08-05: First published.