Shows how to factory reset the JBL Flip 5 speaker to return it to default factory settings. Factory resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops it from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset this speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 5
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. Here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth pairing mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The JBL Flip 5 makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it comes on. The Flip is ready for use after this sound finishes up.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Start the Factory Reset
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The Flip 5 JBL then enters factory reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker shuts off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that Factory Reset of the JBL Flip 5 Worked
Next, power on the device again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Now this time, after reset, the speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Bluetooth button blinks white to denote this. When the Bluetooth button blinks, this means that the unit is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a factory reset.
5. Done with How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 5 !
Factory resetting is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 5 with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Check JBL Flip 5 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 5 Buttons Not Working, How to Fix
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo 3rd Generation
- How to Factory Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug
- Factory Resetting the Echo Dot 2nd Generation
- How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker
- Factory Resetting the Amazon Smart Plug
References for How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5
- 2021-08-23: Revised the tags list.
- 2020-06-24: First published.