We explain how to factory reset the Sony SRS XB12 BT speaker to set it back to its default settings. Factory resetting restores the XB12 to out-of-the-box default state. Plus, it wipes any earlier connected Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this unit from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might factory reset to get this unit ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from syncing with devices you no longer wish it to sync with.
How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Power UP the XB12 SRS Speaker
Press the Power button for a half-second or so and then let it go.
E.g. Find the Power button as we show in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ping-pang tone sound as it starts up, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no beeps at all if it joins with no devices upon booting. Yet whether paired or not, these factory reset directions works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN and Power Buttons At the Same Time
Find both buttons near the bottom of the speaker, as called out in the next picture.
The XB12 then enters factory reset mode.
After a small pause, the unit powers OFF, and the power lamp goes OFF, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB12, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that Factory Reset of the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker Did Indeed Take Place
Next, power on the unit again, as we detail in step 1.
Note that after a factory reset, the XB12 comes up in pairing / discovery mode. The Status lamp blinks blue rapidly to alert you to this. This is a prompt that you may then find this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB12 !
Factory reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell this speaker, or link it again with your favorite streaming devices.
After a factory reset, the XB12 no longer auto syncs with any earlier paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to set up automatic connecting again, you manually pair it with a device. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing automatically happens once more.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB12 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off the Sony SRS XB12
- Turning On the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 with iPhone
- Sony SRS XB12 Pairing Instructions
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB12
- How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
- Factory Resetting the Sony SRS XB13 Mini Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB43 Wireless Speaker
- Factory Resetting the Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation Smart Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Go 3 BT Speaker
References for How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB12
- 2021-09-20: First published.