Here, we show how to factory reset UE Wonderboom Logitech speaker back to its factory default settings. The factory reset routine on the Ultimate Ears Boom line of wireless speakers works as detailed next.
Resetting UE Wonderboom speakers wipes any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from their internal memory. Thus, clearing this data prevents the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the factory reset. Further, you might reset the unit to ready it for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you simply wish to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer use with it whenever you power it up.
How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Logitech Speaker
1. Turn on the UE Wonderboom
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button then lights and you hear a power-up sound. We’ve circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The UE Wonderboom makes a unique electronic sounding noise when it turns on. The unit is then ready for use when this sound ends. Note that the speaker may or may not pair with a device. Indeed that depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the UE and that it has previously paired with as well. Whether paired or not, the factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Be Sure the Speaker is Not Paired with Anything, to Continue with How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom
This speaker does not respond to the factory reset request while paired with a source Bluetooth device. So, unpair it before factory resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the speaker, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long vertical line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The UE Wonderboom then enters factory reset mode.
Then, within a couple seconds, the unit powers off after factory reset completes. The falling electronic ker-plunk sounds, and the status lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your UE Wonderboom Did Indeed FactoryReset
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Then, the Wonderboom UE comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. Done with How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom !
The Wonderboom UE factory reset is finished now. So go ahead and gift or sell it, or pair it anew with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, this speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in pairing mode. So to restore automatic BT pairing, you need to manually pair it with your desired device(s). Then after that, any time that both the UE Wonderboom and that device have Bluetooth turned on and are close enough to each other, pairing automatically takes place again.
Now don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to UE Wonderboom from your source Bluetooth devices that you set up prior to factory resetting. These will no longer work. So you’ll want to “forget” them in your source device’s Settings pages.
Other Posts About the UE Wonderboom BT Speaker
- Pairing UE Wonderboom with Google Home
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa
- Connecting UE Wonderboom with iPhone
- Charging the UE Wonderboom
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom
- How to Factory Reset JBL Speaker
- Factory Resetting Echo Dot 3
- How to Factory Reset Chromecast Audio
- Factory Resetting the Echo Studio Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom
- 2019-05-15: Tuned the key phrase targeting for ‘How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-12: First released.