Here, we show how to factory reset the Wonderboom 2 wireless BT speaker. which returns this speaker to its default factory settings.
Factory resetting wipes any paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Furthermore, clearing this data stops the unit from auto linking to any nearby devices afterwards. Plus, you might factory reset this speaker to ready it for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you just want to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer listen to on it when you power it up.
How to Factory Reset the Wonderboom 2 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Wonderboom 2
Press and release the Power button.
The status lamp in that button then lights up, and you hear a power-up sound. E.g. We circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Wonderboom 2 makes an interesting electronic sounding noise when it boots. When you hear this, the unit is then ready for use.
Now this speaker may or may not pair with a device. This depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Wonderboom 2. But whether paired or not, the factory reset works as follows.
3. Be Sure the Wonderboom 2 is Not Paired with Anything Prior to Factory Reset
This speaker may not respond to the factory reset command while synced with a source Bluetooth device. So disconnect it before resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the speaker, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long plum line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom 2 then enters the factory reset process.
Next, the falling electronic ker-plunk sound plays.
Then the lamp in the Power button goes dark, as we see next.
Finally, within a couple seconds, the unit switches off.
5. Check that Factory Reset of your Wonderboom 2 Did Indeed Occur
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above.
After factory reset, the unit comes up in ready-to-connect mode, with the Pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. Done with How to Factory Reset the Wonderboom 2 Speaker !
The factory reset program concludes now. So go ahead and gift or sell the speaker, or connect it anew with your BT devices.
Finally, don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to the Wonderboom 2 from your source BT devices that you set up before factory resetting. Why? Because these will no longer work since the linkage data for them is now gone from the speaker. Thus you should “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- Wonderboom 2 Battery Level Check Instructions
- The Wonderboom 2 Speaker is Not Charging, How to Fix
- Wonderboom 2 Buttons Guide
- How to Connect Wonderboom 2 to Alexa Echo Devices
- Wonderboom 2 Firmware Upgrade Instructions
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset the Wonderboom 2 Portable Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Echo Spot Smart Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme 3 Speaker
- Factory Resetting a JBL Boombox 2 Speaker, How To
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Smart Plug
- Factory Resetting the Alexa Dot, Spot, and Echo Speakers
References for How to Factory Reset the Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- 2022-08-05: First released.