In this piece, we run though how to force restart the Samsung J7 Android mobile phone. You might do this to fix strange behaviors on this smart phone, or to answer the weekly prompts to restart it to maintain reliable operation. There’s no physical Restart button on the J7. So restarting it is a bit more rigorous than simply pressing a button, but not much more so. It’s easy. Here’s how to do it.
How to Force Restart Samsung J7
1. Find the Samsung J7’s Power / Wake Button
Locate the Power / Wake button on this phone, as highlighted by the green arrow in the next picture. It’s on the top right edge.
2. Press and Hold Power / Wake Button Until the Power Options Screen Appears
This Power Options screen comes up as shown next.
3. Touch the Onscreen Restart Button
Next, tap the Restart button on the screen, shown in the last picture.
Then, the Restart Confirmation screen comes up, as shown next.
4. Again, Tap the Onscreen Restart Button
Finally, tap the large, green Restart button on the screen, as pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture.
The Samsung J7 then begins restarting, as shown next. First, it appears to power down. But when the screen finally goes dark, the phone turns itself back on again.
After several seconds, the J7 completely shuts down. It’s screen then goes totally dark, as shown next.
Then, the phone begins a new start-up, as shown next.
Then, the phone displays the Samsung logo screen as its firmware is loaded. Shown next.
Then, the blue TracFone logo screen appears while the software related to the TracFone service loads.
Finally, the Samsung J7’s lock screen appears, as captured in the next screenshot.
5. Done with How to Force Restart Samsung J7 !
If your Samsung phone’s lock or home screen appeared, as ours did in the last picture, then you successfully restarted your Samsung J7.
Related Posts to How to Force Restart Samsung J7
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Mini Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Force Restart Samsung J7
- J7 Phone Official Product Page on Samsung.com
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Mobile Phone on TracFone.com
- 2020-06-29: First published.