Shows you how to hard reset your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker to return the unit to its default settings. Hard resetting restores this speaker to factory default state, and erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing old settings stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the hard reset. Also, you might reset hard this Bluetooth speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to sync with.
How to Hard Reset JBL Charge 3 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn on the JBL Charge 3
Press and release the power button. It should immediately light up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our scenario here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it boots up, and is ready for hard resetting after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with How to Hard Reset the JBL Charge 3
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters hard reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light for a one to three seconds as the hard reset advances. The Power button glows a pale blue, and the Connect button glows gray-white. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the unit turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound. The next picture shows the speaker powered down. All buttons are dark.
4. Check that your JBL Charge 3 Did Hard Reset
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 earlier. In short, press and release the Power button, which is pointed out in the next picture.
Now this time, after hard reset, our speaker comes up right away in Bluetooth discovery mode, also as shown next. We did not have to press the Bluetooth button first, the speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode once reset. Note that the Power button blinks blue to show that Bluetooth discovery mode is active. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the speaker is not currently paired. Indeed we expect it not to pair to anything after a hard reset.
5. Done with How to Hard Reset JBL Charge 3 !
The JBL Charge 3 hard reset is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Remember that this speaker will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired, in range Bluetooth device in Bluetooth pairing mode. So, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Charge 3 listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once you do that, then manually pair the Charge 3 with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Hard Reset JBL Charge 3
- How to Hard Reset iPod Touch Apple Media Player
- JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker How to Hard Reset
- How to Hard Reset JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Echo Dot Speakers, How to Hard Reset Them
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 3 Power Bank BT Speaker
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Google Home Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch It
- How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check
- JBL Charge 3 Speaker Review, Features, Specs
- JBL Charge 3 Picture Gallery for this Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Recharge Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Charge 3, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Amazon Alexa Echo Dot
- JBL Charge 3 Google Home Pairing Instructions
- Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Change Name, How to Rename It
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Specs for the JBL Charge 3 Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Button, Where It Is Located
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- JBL Charge 3 Charger Adapter Specs
- Finding JBL Charge 3 Firmware Version
- Charge 3 JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices
- 2020-11-20: First published.