We show here how to hard reset the JBL Flip 4 reset, to restore your speaker to its out-of-the-box state. Hard resetting deletes any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Thus, clearing the memory stops the Flip 4 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the hard reset. Also, you might hard reset your speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Hard Reset the JBL Flip 4, Step by Step
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 4
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery gauge scale, as shown next. In this case, since we’ve connected the speaker with BT devices prior, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We can tell this because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it finishes booting. And, it’s ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The hard reset then occurs on the Flip 4, as we view in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds.
Then after a short pause, the speaker shuts off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that Hard Reset on the JBL Flip 4 Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the speaker again, as we detail in step 1 above.
Now this time, after hard reset, the Flip 4 comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to signal this. When this button blinks or shows as solid white, Flip 4 pairing has not yet occurred. This is as it should be because we expect it to pair to nothing right after a hard reset.
5. Hard Reset of the JBL Flip 4 Speaker is Done!
The hard reset is now finished. You may now wrap the unit up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices. Remember that the Flip 4 will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. To set up automatic Bluetooth pairing again, you must manually pair the Flip 4 with some device. Then after that, any time that both the Flip and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with take place once more, without you having to do anything.
Related Posts to How to Hard Reset the JBL Flip 4
- Hard Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation, Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Mini Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Original Speaker
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To Hard Reset
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Review of the JBL Flip 4 Portable Waterproof Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Pairing Instructions for Flip 4 JBL Speaker
- Charging Instructions for the JBL Flip 4 to Get the Longest Play
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons Layout, What Each Button Does
- 2020-05-09: First published.